I read that the West Hurley Thompson receivers are built different as to not accept any full auto parts.

Is there an external visual difference between the two? (besides being a SBR)

Anyone have pictures to share of the comparisons?

Thanks

The receivers on the West Hurley and Kahr Semi's are made 1/10th of an inch shorter in height so that a FA bolt will not fit. This is also the reason the FA mags need to have the mag catch hole elongated 1/10" to fit into the SA versions.

One of the quick give a ways is on the sides of the receiver in the front where it steps down to meet the frame.

The SA's step twice due to the 1/10" height adjustment.

2016-01-01 08.24.29.png

Where as FA's only step once..

2016-01-01 08.24.06.png

Jon

Thank you for the knowledge.

I've been collection firearms for over 30 years, I'm just getting into the Thompsons. The look has always appealed to me but just never acted on owning one.

I won a West Hurley 1927A1 on GB, waiting for delivery next week. Most likely more question to come.

Thanks again,

The other obvious visual difference is the Hurley/Kahr Semi lower is normally made for a M1/M1A1 fixed stock and grip.

They do also make a more expensive version that uses the original pattern 1921/28 detachable stock,

but even this still uses the M1 pattern grip -or at least their oddly shaped version of it.

Edited by mnshooter