Magazine Feed Lip Tool

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great piece of kit.

As a product name how about:

MAG-IC

Just an idea from a new but dedicated English Thompson magazine collector.

John,

Were you interested in a Mag repair tool as well, I do not have you on the list. I am PMing those on the list.

Best

Tiz

I would also interested in purchasing one of your Magazine repair tools also.

Thank you. I have added you to the list. I will PM you when when yours is ready. I am working my way down the list as I get them made.

TIZ,

Got my mag tool yesterday. Was shipped great with plenty of protection. I used the tool today and it worked out fine. The only thing I had to on some mags is file out the inner mag hole as the double metal won't let the screw go in. I didn't use a drill as I didn't want to enlarge the mag catch hole so I used a file to knock down the inner part of the hole.

Great tool would recommend to all.

Frank

TIZ,

Got my mag tool yesterday. Was shipped great with plenty of protection. I used the tool today and it worked out fine. The only thing I had to on some mags is file out the inner mag hole as the double metal won't let the screw go in. I didn't use a drill as I didn't want to enlarge the mag catch hole so I used a file to knock down the inner part of the hole.

Great tool would recommend to all.

Frank

Frank,

Glad to here you were pleased with the mag tool. As stated in the instructions, most mags will need to have the folds of the spine of the mag relieved slightly to allow the alignment bolt to pass through the mag catch hole and be screwed into the tool. Any stress is then on the alignment bolt and the folds of the spine of the mag and not on the mag catch hole.

I think I am on the list . If not please put me on it. thanks.

You are indeed on the list. Thanks for double checking.

I mentioned the possibility of a need for one of these but was waiting for a shipped price. As such, not sure if I'm on the list or not?

Since I recently found several mags in a bag labelled "fubar", I'd like to be added to the list, if not already on it.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

john

I mentioned the possibility of a need for one of these but was waiting for a shipped price. As such, not sure if I'm on the list or not?

Since I recently found several mags in a bag labelled "fubar", I'd like to be added to the list, if not already on it.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

john

John,

I have added you to the list. Price is $115.00 shipping included. I will PM you when I have one ready to ship.

Thanks

Tiz

I would like to have one of your feed lip tools can you put ne on your list

Mark45,

I have added you to the list. Price is $115.00 shipping included. I will PM you when I have one ready to ship.

Thanks

Tiz

Mine came in a little bit ago and have just got a chance to put it to the test. Very happy with it. I would recommend to anyone that can get to do so while you can. Thanks for doing this for the board members.

Been on the road most of this week so I hope to get some mag tools done this weekend for those on the list watch for a PM when yours is ready.

I was considering quarantining myself to a local bar for the next 14 days in response to the COCID 19 virus. This still may be a possibility or maybe I'll make mag tools it's a toss up.

Great piece of kit.

MAG-IC

John,

Were you interested in a Mag repair tool as well, I do not have you on the list. I am PMing those on the list.

Best

Tiz

Hi Tiz no thanks mate on account of the fact we don't need shooter mags over here owing to our very strict gun laws.

Cheers

Glad to hear that England has set up a system to protect its citizens from all the predators that want to prey upon its citizens in times of crisis, and to know that everyone is safe. Now if you can only get them to understand the pleasure that a full auto can bring, heck, a semi auto for that matter. Sarcasm.... sorry. An armed society is a polit society.

My Thompson is strictly for pleasure until called up for duty. My side arm and ar15 are for serious $&*!, but come out to play on a regular basis.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Oh, with a source of 150gpm of 107 degree water to feed my hot tub, 300gpm of spring water, a bar with cases of high end gin, tequila etc and copious amounts of 9mm, 45acp, and 223 ammo, and a walk in freezer needing to be gone through, too much elk, I and my employees are going to enjoy the next couple of weeks/months of vacation. I will start sweating when i get down to my last 25,000 rounds.

Sorry for the rant.

Great piece of kit.

MAG-IC

John,

Best

Tiz

Hi Tiz no thanks mate on account of the fact we don't need shooter mags over here owing to our very strict gun laws.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply it helps keep my order list stright. Sorry about your gun laws.

Best

Tiz

Hi Tiz, just confirming I am on your list. Thanks again for all your hard work on this for the thompson community.

Nate,

You are indeed on the list. It never hurts to follow up and I am glad you did. You are about 2 slots away from having one ready. Watch for a PM.

On another note, I am very close to running out of material to fabricate the tools and I am not certain when I will be able to get more steel. The local supplier is closed due to the virus, therefor there may be a delay in production until I can get more material. I will keep everyone informed with posts on the board.

Keep an eye on your PM's if you are on the list. I have sent several PM's to members and gotten no reply, please let me know if you are no longer interested so I can go to the next interested party. Stay safe.

Tiz

Please place me on the list for one of these wonderful mag tools.

John

John,

You are now on the list my friend. Please monitor your PM's. I will send you a PM when I have a tool ready for you.

Stay Safe

Tiz

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who missed the initial post. Take a look at the first post I made with pictures.

Orders are still coming in and tools are being made right along. I will continue making them as long as there are members in need of them.

PM me if you need a tool and I will add you to the order list.

Thanks to all for your interest, kind words, and positive feedback.

Stay Safe,

Tiz