Frankengun

StrangeRanger

I've never seen one in that configuration before.

Normally his guns had AR stocks and IIRC pistol grips, definitely not HK. The bolt, FCG, sights and barrel are probably Suomi but the barrel shroud doesn't look quite like others I've seen.

I asked the seller what the odd-looking device under the barrel was; he replied that he thought it was a flux capacitor.

All in all a very strange conglomeration

I've never seen one in that configuration before.

Normally his guns had AR stocks and IIRC pistol grips, definitely not HK. The bolt, FCG, sights and barrel are probably Suomi but the barrel shroud doesn't look quite like others I've seen.

I asked the seller what the odd-looking device under the barrel was; he replied that he thought it was a flux capacitor.

All in all a very strange conglomeration

That's one of the early STGs by BRP. He made these early models using both the long barrel / shroud from the KP/31 Suomi and the short barrel / shroud from the M37/39 "Swede" Suomi...which is the model in the GB auction.

The rod on the bottom serves 2 purposes...1st and primarily it's used to hold the shroud in place against the magwell / trunnion and secondarily it's used as a mounting point for a bipod. Brian has always had a preoccupation with putting bipods on most of his 9mm guns. These are quite heavy and they do shoot nice off the bench with a bipod.

HTH

Edited by hkg3k

I have nothing but GOOD things to sat about my Stemple / BRP Suomi!!!

My STG-W Stemple / Suomi runs flawlessly with steel or brass cased ammo!!

Brian at BRP stands behind his guns and his customer service is second to none.

I damaged the extractor ( my fault ) on my Suomi and Brian replaced the extractor and installed a new ejector and refinished the tube at

NO COST to me!!!

The above reasons are why I own ( 3 ) of Brians products !!!!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw out another endorsement for Brian Poling/BRP and the Stemple STG. I own the Suomi, U9-SF and U45 configurations. I brought it out a few weekends ago as a friend had family in town that really wanted to shoot MGs. I setup with the U9-SF configuration so I could add a red dot, bipod, and have the collapsible stock if needed. Our range guests enjoyed shooting the Stemple and it came out as their pick of the day (the .22 M16 also scored high with the kids). They commented that it shot very smoothly, barely moved on the bench, and was very accurate.

Edited by heavy artillery