Thompson 30rd Mags available

Just passing word, No affiliation...

Outfit by the name of Mokas Raifus has used Thompson 20 & 30rd mags available, as well as other smg mags, some BAR in the wrap as well.  This site is usually pretty much all AK related in merchandise.  Prices appear to be climbing...

Home - Moka's Raifus (mokasraifus.com)

I haven't ordered anything from them, I've been getting their email flyers over the past months, They have a FB page, did a quick search for complaints, all seem to be good results.  They are in Highland, IN , 46322.

1 hour ago, thirtyround said:

I haven't ordered anything from them, I've been getting their email flyers over the past months, They have a FB page, did a quick search for complaints, all seem to be good results.  They are in Highland, IN , 46322.

Thanks....I'm so removed from Facebook I forget that I can check there. I admit I need to up my research game.

Are people really paying that much for AK mags?

AK Stocks, furniture and magazines with Trench Art reminds me of the large stock of surplus Bosnian weapons and accessories that passed through the UK mid 2000's. I still have some Bosnian mags with trench art tucked away somewhere, together with a Yugo M72 stock and pistol grip, again with some trench art on them.

I wonder from what war these are surplus from, they have obviously not been used by conventional forces.

They were used by Serbian forces and by various opposition muslim forces, and an abundant number of criminal gangs and organizations etc during the Bosnian war years.  Conventional, civilian conscripts and criminal organizations used these weapons.  Alot of those weapons changed hands / sides, in some cases more than once.  Did a 6 month tour in 98-99 doing intell and cantonment site inspections throughout Bosnia, .... Incredible weapons stores....weapons galore, including exotic and very rare German ww2 weapons... regardless of type of weapon, many possessed knife etches, various art scenes, words, pictures, painted art, etc depicting personality, kills, battles locations fought, religious etc.... I'd say out of the tens of thousands of weapons inspected/viewed , a good 10 -15 percent had a "trench art" aspect to it.  Even particular types or explosive ordnance had trench art applied.  One of my most intriguing deployments I have ever made.

• Like 1

My experience in the 2000's was helping a UK arms dealer sort through tonnes of weapons and accessories, including 10,000's of magazines which had been shipped from Bosnia. As Thirtyround correctly stated, there were a large percentage of weapons and Bakelite magazines which featured trench art, most of it very crude, on them.

Amongst the weapons I also witnessed some WW2 surplus weapons, incl. German MP44's. Further research revealed the Yugoslavian Airborne forces used these post WW2. We already know that the Yugoslavians adopted the German MG42 post WW2. They took over German production equipment and tooling, to produce their M53's. Some of which are still found with German marked parts.

The initial market for these weapons etc. was expected to be the new Iraqi Army. However, who ever was funding the purchases 😉, found a cheaper source purchasing brand new small arms from Poland and Bulgaria I was advised.

The majority of the small arms were then either deactivated, (dewat), and sold all over Europe to the collector market or cut up to sell as parts kits in the USA.

The majority of the magazines, with the exception of Chinese made magazines, was destined for another conflict zone. They were purchased for delivery to Afghanistan for the New Afghan Army.

With the passage of time I would have thought that the stocks of surplus weapons and accessories from the Balkans would have been exhausted by now, on the commercial market.

Edited by rpbcps
Noticed two typos
  • Upvote 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:37 PM, thirtyround said:

I made an order, I could only get 4 20 round mags at checkout.  Maybe they restocked later.

Ironically despite our draconian gun laws in the UK you can pick up fully operational 30 (XXX) WW2 Thompson mags for as little as $8.00 US a piece.

EFD8ED95-FB39-458B-9205-7F4D0055A35E.thumb.jpeg.c51140c22426ef59dd606bb46daa4e56.jpeg

20 round mags (XX) are harder to find but I’ve managed to find pretty much most of the mags produced including a Colt era ‘ Blank’ (front & side view) and a Colt era patent dated.

With thanks to Richard 👍

26EC4633-60E3-4800-9DB0-D432B128C559.thumb.jpeg.cea68ea8ab986f038741b6c87f139c39.jpeg

DE3395A4-6C05-44C6-A6F5-76A95BC62E51.thumb.jpeg.595852d105e8ad1bdd0b934c32cd5da2.jpeg

44FBD670-5429-4751-9755-E8055C197597.thumb.jpeg.250b7c81bd7bbfbe3e55504e08edf306.jpeg

Some have obviously seen plenty of life but given that they are so hard to find I’m happy to have them In my collection.

72AF22AA-AE08-4016-B26B-55CA260B540F.thumb.jpeg.7ad73ab1f539a398d72fb0fe4dc2e99d.jpeg

• Like 1