BAR Spare Parts Kits

Thanks.  My Grandfather gave me one in the early 1960's to hold my .22 LR ammo in.  My Uncle borrowed it and promptly lost it.  I found one in Pa. about 15 years ago and bought it, for old times sake.  Last Oct. was visiting a friend in Pa. and found two more and bought them with the idea of storing RedField Olympic Sights for my .22 Heavy barrel Match rifles in.  No joy when I got them home as the sights were to big.  I did not know what the case was for until I read an article by Harlan Glenn (he was a contributor to R.Lee Emery's "Mail Call") and saw it pictured in the article.  Email the magazine and they put me in touch with him.  He told me what it was.  Found it listed in one of my WW II equipment books that I later picked up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 9:15 PM, usmc69 said:

Thanks.  My Grandfather gave me one in the early 1960's to hold my .22 LR ammo in.  My Uncle borrowed it and promptly lost it.  I found one in Pa. about 15 years ago and bought it, for old times sake.  Last Oct. was visiting a friend in Pa. and found two more and bought them with the idea of storing RedField Olympic Sights for my .22 Heavy barrel Match rifles in.  No joy when I got them home as the sights were to big.  I did not know what the case was for until I read an article by Harlan Glenn (he was a contributor to R.Lee Emery's "Mail Call") and saw it pictured in the article.  Email the magazine and they put me in touch with him.  He told me what it was.  Found it listed in one of my WW II equipment books that I later picked up. 

There's one, complete with all the original contents on eBay right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/395084790297

I don't have the funds right now, or I'd be all over it.

Karl, 68coupe

14 hours ago, 68coupe said:

There's one, complete with all the original contents on eBay right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/395084790297

I don't have the funds right now, or I'd be all over it.

Karl, 68coupe

The one in your link is not US.

6 hours ago, 68coupe said:

For my education, how can you tell? I don't see any markings. Is it in the contents, style of box?

V/R Karl

Different design box, tools are not US.  The US box does not open in the front nor does it have a wood block.  The leather box associated with BARs is the same one that goes with the WWII Thompsons.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:42 AM, 68coupe said:

For my education, how can you tell? I don't see any markings. Is it in the contents, style of box?

V/R Karl

All the US ones are dated with a mfr. mark on the face and the front does not flip down, but from a distance the look is the same.   The one in the link is likely a foreign made BAR pouch and tools.  Belgian, Polish, etc.?  

• Upvote 1

The one on the ebay auction is a Swedish BAR gunners kit. There are 2 of them for the Swedish guns carrying a Roman numeral I and II on them.

Here are the items in the two Swedish kits.

kit1items.jpg

kit2items.jpg

kit2items2.jpg

• Upvote 2