Doug Richardson TSMG barrel tool value

Barrel tool has been SOLD

Cleaning out a lot of my stash...

Wondering about the value of a like-new (never used) Doug Richardson barrel tool?

I thought a clamp piece was missing but the image in an (old) Richardson catalog shows it without it 

I searched for prices here, but they were all over the place, some posts were old.

Frank,

You are missing the grip mount retainer for the receiver vise.  Doug ran out of the retainers before he ran out of vises.  Since mohawk64 made these as recently as 2022, I would guess his pricing would be the standard.  Back then, the receiver vise with grip mount retainer was $220, and the universal wrench was $250.  Both were including shipping.  I would guess $450-$500 shipped is a reasonable price range today considering the missing component, but YMMV.  I don't know how the run-up in prices these past two years would affect the final costs today.  The original cost for the vise without retainer was $145, and the wrench was $95, but that was a long time ago.  The retainer cost $65 originally.

BTW, those grip mount retainers are not hard to make, but a potential buyer should first contact mohawk64 to see if he could sell them one.

FWIW

• Upvote 1