Loader for 22 mags

Several years ago I loaned Ken Christie one of my Ceiner .22 stick magazines so he could develop a loader for those. He did that and sent me a freebie along with my returned mag.

These work well with Ceiner and early Numrich .22 stick mags but not with the Black Dog mags.

I bought a couple Christie mag loaders for my Glock 21 (.45 ACP) mags and modified one for my son to fit Reising mags.

Not sure if that loader would fit a Black Dog .22 mag but I'll dig it out, give it a shot and post results.

John

Try RAE Industries. If you send them a mag they will custom make a mag loader for your particular mag and return the mag you lent them. I did this for Thompson mags and now the Thompson speed loader is part of their line of mag loaders. 

Getting good input. Going to try the Uncle Dudley answer.

Tiz,  I sent them an email,

Outsider, how is that project coming along? 

Edited by ppgcowboy

It seems to work good. Just need to load a bunch of mags to check durability. (And good weather to mt them). These mags are a little bit of a pain as the spring is mounted on the front of the follower and when the mag is mt most of the front follower guide sticks out of the top of the mag.

Edited by Outsider

Outsider, please let us know if you would be willing to sell these loaders. I would sure be interested.

Black Dog does make a mag loader for their .22 AR mags, and I do use it to load my Black Dog .22 Thompson mags, but it is not the best solution. It works, but it could be better.

Mark

11 hours ago, ppgcowboy said:

Getting good input. Going to try the Uncle Dudley answer.

Tiz,  I sent them an email,

Outsider, how is that project coming along? 

Let me know what you hear from them. They were very helpful in my case. Best of Luck.

Outsider, can you please provide a link or your username on eBay? My plan is to order one and give it a try.

thanks,

Mark

1 minute ago, brveagle said:

Thanks for the link. It's also not showing up in my search results. 

I have been seeing that in other gun related auctions that I post up as well. It will take a few days to show up in the search results.

2 hours ago, Rabbit57 said:

I used the link you provided and it worked for me. Placed my order, let’s see how it works!

Mark

Yes, the links work, but if you did a search for them they would not come up.

Thank you.

I have put some up here on the board for a board fund raiser, and until those are all spoken for I have removed them from eBay. So anybody else that want's one send David a donation for $17.95 or more and I will get one headed your way.

Edited by Outsider

I got mine today, and immediately loaded up all of my .22 Thompson mags.  Well made and fits the mags perfectly.  Donate to the Board and you get to feel good and get a useful farkle as well!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Been running JAC's and Drum Dr. conversions for about 20 years.  For fun I adapted the McFadden LGL to the Thompson 22 mags.  I did magwells for the JAC magazines and BDM mags.  Nothing fancy.  You have to hold the magazine in the magwell while pulling the trigger.  It is great for range expo's when 4000 rounds/day will wear out your friends :).

Enjoy,

Grasshopperloader.jpeg

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1