Hello Gentlemen, I just acquired this Auto Ordnance 1927A1 made in MA. I’m looking to SBR really soon. It has a pinned not threaded Cutts. Where can I source a finned 10.5” barrel. Numrich has one but for a threaded Cutts… anybody got one laying around or any extras. I just a 50rd drum…

thanks gentlemen,

Larry P

IMG_4020.jpeg

Also, it’s a T5 aluminum alloy upper. Has anyone had problems with the T5 uppers…. My other M1A1 Thompson SBR is an early/ mid 1990s made with steel upper…. Wow, there is a very noticeable difference in weight!! 

IMG_3454.jpeg

Mine has an aluminum upper.  Yeah they are lighter.  I didn’t set out for the aluminum, it was what was available at a decent price point.

I do wonder if the EZ pull springs will contribute to heavier long term wear/damage as the bolt beats the sh1t out of the aluminum.   Also, when Dan Block redid mine, he recommended against including the “quick change” barrel modification on an aluminum receiver gun due to concerns with the barrel threads in the receiver “giving” over repeated barrel changes.

I haven’t noticed any problems so far, but i havent shot it a ton either.  I decided the heck with it, shoot it and enjoy it, my son may wear it out after he inherits it someday.

Nice looking M1 there as well.

Timmy

What is the EZ pull springs? I noticed it’s not nearly as hard to pull back than my M1a1…. Can I replace the ones for the EZ pull?

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently I bought a 10.5" square finned 1928A-1 barrel from APEX to do my SBR. I got my tax stamp in 2 weeks. They are priced at $159.00. It is a very nice piece that is threaded for a CUTTS.  Most other barrels I found are priced well over $200.00.

Steve45