i am new at this! what is a tube gun ? i know you cannot build a working gun from a parts kit. what are the requirements for a blank fire only sten gun? at reenactments i see a lot of blank fire guns and have asked about class 3 licence and was told not required for a blankfire gun. blankfire adaptors can be removed and this would make gun one required to have class3 to own. can any one explain this to me?

I'll try to answer.. but if you will look around you will see that only 35 people looked at your question.. and they possibly did not feel they were qualified to answer... there is no need to flood the Board, I usually "Bump" my question back up to the top. This section just doesn't see the kind of attention that the Thompson section does.

A "tube" gun is one built from a parts kit and a registered tube receiver one that was registered before the '86 ban. There are several SMG's that use "tubes" for receivers... MP40's, Stens and Sterlings. These Tube guns are not as collectable as the original of course so they sell at lower prices.

Now about a "Blank-firing" Sten. I don't know how you can make one.. legally. If you make one that operates on the original blow back principals you will get nailed for manufacturing a SMG.. that's what the BATF sees it as .. If you have seen a lot of "Blank-firing guns" then you should ask the owners how they operate and how they can be either made and or acquired legally.

macbeth

You need to run your design by the ATF's Tech Branch. They will take forever and probably tell you no. They don't care so much what you're making, they care about how easily it can be converted to a MG and what stages it goes through on its way to being made. They have banned BB guns built on AK receivers/actions because they could be made into MGs with a lot of effort.

Even if you weld on a BFA, they would say no because a hacksaw will turn it back into a MG. Making the tube itself is making a MG in their eyes. If any part of the manufacturing process makes something they consider a MG - even temporarily, you're screwed.

You can argue all you want about how senseless and arbitrary these regulations are - and I would likely agree. However, that and $1 will buy you a cup of cofee in the federal courthouse.

My advice, give it up.

P.S. Don't use the "New Topic" button to post replies. It just clutters the board