Mgc Mp40 '68 Questions...

Rooting through my basement I found something that I had forgotten about. A friend was posted a few years ago, and had a pile of 'garbage' he was throwing out. I spotted a box with gothic writing and cracked it open, and lo and behold...a near mint MGC MP40 '68 in the original box! He gave it to me without a question... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif (neither of us knew what it was worth)

There was no manual with it, and I can't seem to find any data on field-stripping it. Anyone know of a site that will give me a quick run-through on how to break it down? Even a quick written explanation would be appreciated.

I'd like to sell it, but the restrictions on the sale of a replica weapon in Canada are pretty draconian, and legally it's considered a prohibited item, so, selling it in Canada is out of the question. I can, however, export to the States...not sure about the UK. Any pointers?

Tks all....

What do you want for it?

Read anything on the MP-40. The MGCs come apart the exact same way.

1.) Remove magazine and insure chamber is clear. Return bolt to full forward position.

2.)Locate 1" diameter knob set in forward, bottom end of bak-o-lite forearm: Pull and rotate 90 deg to 'disassembly possition'. (It sould hold itself in the 'OUT' or extended position.)

3.) Grip weapon by pistol grip and magazine well with the muzzle end pointed away from you. While holding trigger to the reward position, rotate receiver/magwell assembly about 30 deg in clockwise(I think)direction. This will dis-engage reciver locking lugs from rear of trigger group assembly.

4.) Now slide receiver group forward and remove it from trigger group assembly.

5.) Remove bolt and recoil spring from receiver group by carfully withdrawing bolt handle to the rear and removing first the main spring and then the bolt assembly.

Hope this helps

Tks for the info...

Sigh...I'd like a fair price for it, for both myself and the buyer...that being said, I'm not sure what a fair price for an MGC MP40 '68 actually is. Some of the prices I've seen are a bit nuts...while newer Marushin (sp?) models are fairly reasonable. I know that this specific model is fairly sought after, mainly due to the construction (all metal), and supposedly it's pretty easy to convert to blank firing.

If anyone on the boards has one of these replicas, is there a book price available for it?

bobdobbs, I have one of these replicas, you can see it on my website http://www.mp40modelguns.com/ I collect these "modelguns" and I could probably give you a good appraisal of what your MGC is worth.

QUOTE (bobdobbs @ Sep 15 2004, 11:41 AM)
Rooting through my basement I found something that I had forgotten about. A friend was posted a few years ago, and had a pile of 'garbage' he was throwing out. I spotted a box with gothic writing and cracked it open, and lo and behold...a near mint MGC MP40 '68 in the original box! He gave it to me without a question... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif (neither of us knew what it was worth)

There was no manual with it, and I can't seem to find any data on field-stripping it. Anyone know of a site that will give me a quick run-through on how to break it down? Even a quick written explanation would be appreciated.

I'd like to sell it, but the restrictions on the sale of a replica weapon in Canada are pretty draconian, and legally it's considered a prohibited item, so, selling it in Canada is out of the question. I can, however, export to the States...not sure about the UK. Any pointers?

Tks all....

Hi Bob,

I'm in the States....not too far from Buffalo. Was wondering if you're anywhere near Buffalo/ St. Catherines/ Toronto/Niagara Falls area.

I'd be interested in discussing purchase of the replica from you. If you want you can contact me via the discussion group or e-mail me at: thumper_16417@yahoo.com

Dan G.

Girard, PA USA

NO!!! sell it to me instead..

You guys in the States have got your real shootable MP40's to play.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Us poor guys in the UK have only the MGC's..

I'll promise to love and cherish it and turn it into a bad ass fully auto blank firing mean machine. It might even end up being a movie star!

Go on, you know it makes sense..

I've been in the field for a few days, and am heading back out next week, but I'll try to get some shots of the beast posted in the next day or two. I broke it down, cleaned it up (God bless CLP!) and it looks great. I'm not positive, but I think that it may already be converted to blank firing...after removing the barrel assy (unscrewing it), I found a stainless steel (?) plunger/dowell, and it was black from carbon. I'll attach photos of this, as well.....

QUOTE (Ben @ Sep 21 2004, 06:43 AM)
NO!!! sell it to me instead..

You guys in the States have got your real shootable MP40's to play.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Us poor guys in the UK have only the MGC's..

I'll promise to love and cherish it and turn it into a bad ass fully auto blank firing mean machine. It might even end up being a movie star!

Go on, you know it makes sense..

Ben....logic will get you nowhere ! Yep...we have REAL shootable, MP40s. But....when not in the shooting mode the non-shooting replica makes for a great item for an impression.

Take care....nice to see you on the board.

Dan G.

Girard, PA USA