Email I Got (from Someone Here?)

This email (pasted below) just seems weird. I replied told the guy to contact BATF. See if the gun is registered etc. Avoid some big trouble. Never got a reply. Anyone know who/what this guy is?

Steve,

KilroyisHere has sent you this email from http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invb...pload/index.php.

Sir

I have one of these rifles. My moms dad (I'm only 21) brought it home. As far as I've been able to find out, he got it right after they got into Germany. Now, it's in bad shape, as it sat in my grandparents closet for the past 60 years, never being taken out with the exception of a few times my uncles took it and looked at it. My mother told me that she knew there was "some paper with German writing on it" int he butt. When my grandmother passed before Christmas, she gave it to me. I was able to carefully tweeze the paper out, and it turns out that it was the manual for the rifle. It's also in bad shape from the oil in the stock, the moisture, and from being rolled up in the stock for all these years, so it's extremley brittle. It is now in the safe deposit box, becasue I have not been able to find any other original manuals for one anywhere, so I'm assuming it's kinda rare. Now eres my problem. The gun needs to be reblued. Like I said, from sitting in that damp closet!

all these years with no oil has taken its toll. I do not trust any of these gunsmiths around here, becasue alot of them are the type that if they knew I had it, they'd call the cops if I refused to sell the thing to them. When I got it, I kept it in a case drenched in oil, but the oil only lasts a few days before it's gone. I would like to keep it from turning into dust. Seeing as how I'm not going to be firing it, would cold blue be ok to use on it ?

---------------------------------------------------

Please note that MachineGunBooks.com Forums has no control over the

contents of this message.

---------------------------------------------------

Regards,

The MachineGunBooks.com Forums team.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invb...pload/index.php