Replaced My Springs

Garrett

I recently bought the set of Reising springs that Wolff offers. I shot the gun for the first time since changing out all of the springs. I must say, it made a noticable difference. Before, I could shoot doubles all day long with the gun set in F/A. Today, I only got a few doubles. Usually, I would fire off 3 rounds per trigger pull.

I pulled out my timer and clocked a few bursts. I am now getting around 1075 RPM, where before I was just over 800. That's faster than my MAC10. For blasting, that's just fine. But for subgun competition, slower is better. I just ordered a couple of replacement recoil springs from Wolff. I'm going to try cutting them down to see how slow I can get it without effecting reliability. I might try the old spring as well. I never had a problem with it.

I am currently waiting on the BATFE to approve a transer of a Model 50 to me... so in the meantime I'm looking for the spare parts and such that I'll be needing. Where is the best place to pick up the Wolff replacement springs? Wait... a quick edit here... I did just find it... www.gunsprings.com! I think I am going to order a set today!

I can't believe your gun runs that fast! Wow. Is this common? I have heard of them running faster than the specified rate but not as fast as yours.

Thanks,

Aaron

Edited by apschreiber

I would really be interested in hearing your results after modifying spring lengths if end up doing so. Your right, 1K + is too fast for competition, it would be nice if someone came out with a kit to slow these lil monsters down a bit!