Semi Receiver

deadford,

This topic has been discussed previously. As of the present, to best of my reading of the prior posts there is no ATF approved design for a semi-auto Thompson that would use the full-auto parts kit.

Apparently there are several people attempting such a design, at least in part.

If I am interpreting incorrectly, I freely stand corrected.

QUOTE (SecondAmend @ Apr 11 2006, 07:38 PM)
deadford,

This topic has been discussed previously. As of the present, to best of my reading of the prior posts there is no ATF approved design for a semi-auto Thompson that would use the full-auto parts kit.

Apparently there are several people attempting such a design, at least in part.

If I am interpreting incorrectly, I freely stand corrected.

I agree. The only options currently available is the Kahr/WH guns, or a Richardson Receiver (which uses Kahr parts, but is of superior quality than the Kahr).

Maybe someone on the board has some information about the designs awaiting ATF approval

Deadford,

The other guys are right, you can buy a complete gun for less than the parts to build one.

If you are intent on building a semi-auto, send me an email. I have a brand new Kahr 27A1 semi-auto receiver that I can sell to you (through an FFL.)

This was a receiver I bought for my "pin gun" a few years ago, but I never used it. It is brand new and has never been assembled into a gun.

Email me if intrested. I can make you a deal on it.

Norm