Cant Get It Apart..

I just recieved my AO semi auto and want to take it apart for a good cleaning. I have followed the directions I printed off and after depressing the latch button the 2nd time and sliding the frame further back, I cannot get the frame to release from the reciever, the safety is on fire and the weapon is clear. Do I need to lift up on the frame to remove it from the reciever? Any help would be appreciated...

Buck Waddell

Edited by Buck Waddell

Yes, pull the trigger. If it still catches you may have to slide something thin under the frame latch. Some of them stick out more as the spring may not be seated as deeply as others. And the sear (at least on my West Hurley) is stepped so the latch catches on it even with the trigger pressed.

Slide the frame off untill it stops (about half way). The frame latch button is caught on the sear. Take a small screwdriver, reach in and lift the frame latch button off of the sear and the frame will slide off. Hope this helps.

Best,

Damon

Hi all!

Thanks for the replys and help, Yes, I did try it again, pulled the trigger and had to hold the release button up a little more and poof! It came right apart, appreciate the help with my first TG question!!

Buck Waddell