Mp - 40 Parts Kits

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif Hi guys, Christmas is comming and was looking at the MP 40 pics that spilled onto the Thompson board and Looked threw shot gun news with the idea of getting a parts kit and an aluminum recever for a dummy gun for my wall to go with my Thompson and asorted WWII brickbrack in my den. I didn't see any. Anone done this, is this the cheaper way or would I be money ahead getting a non gun replica ?

Any help apreciated.

Thanks,

BB

You would probably be better getting an older MGC replica. A parts kit should run around $1,000 without the aluminum tube, while a replica would cost around $500-600 depending on who has it. Basically, you could have two replicas for what it would cost for the parts kit and dummy tube. Good luck!

To the best of my knowledge it would not be legal in the US. Several threads on the old board have touched on this and if I remember correctly, BATFE has never accepted a full auto blank firing only model of this weapon. I think that's because they envision the barrel being swaped out for for a regular one or some such. The Feds are real funny about full auto and I would be very surprised if a converted toy would pass muster and it surely would not be worth a trip to Cub Fed. I have heard that at least one firm is attempting to manufacture a semi auto version so keep your fingers crossed. If they are successful you can bet that sensitive parts MP40 parts will not interchange.

Just wondering what happens when you guys in the states buy a replica MP40 from overseas for instance? In other words if I was to orange plug the barrel of my MGC blank firing MP40 and send it to the US, would it still be seized by customs? Would they be able to tell the difference between a normal non or cap firing MGC and one converted to blank firing? How would they know if it could fire fully or semi auto just by looking at it?

Not a good idea!!!! If it was in the original box and clearly marked "TOY" or some such it MIGHT get by. However with the increased use of x-ray and other techniques to examine parcels, it could well be picked up. Customs might seize it - they have seized a few Marushins I'm told - or BATFE might get involved at which point I would not want to be the addressee of the parcel.

I think the safetest and wisest course is to follow the law in this matter - even if one doesn't agree with it.

Perhaps some other folks out there would like to comment on this issue? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

It is possible to still legally import these replicas MGC, Marushin, Kokusai, Hudson, Ksc, Shoei etc. But..they must follow the letter of the(Federal) law..I.E. The muzzle must be painted (or pluged) with a high visibility orange paint (or plug) like hunters orange and any protected trademarks must be removed (Colt,Smith&Wesson,Browning etc.) or covered..The vast majoritie of these replicas (modelguns, airsoft, and cap guns) that U.S. customs seizes at any given time, are seized mostly due to trademark issues.

Ben, as for the 9mm blank converted MGC, U.S. customs would definately seize that one as they do inspect the metal firearm replicas closely to make sure that no one "pulls a fast one" like shipping a live mp40!! into the U.S.