M14 Magazine Contractors

billie32

i was just going through a box of magazines i had laying around and came up with several M14 mags, with about 4 different stamps on them. was wondering how many manufacturers there were of these magazines and who they were?

that would make sense. olin-mathesin or however you spell it. i also have a couple marked "W", one marked UHC, a few marked OM, a couple marked BRW S-1, and one marked KMTM in a funny way where the K is large and the other letters are in the spaces of the K with the first M in the top, the T in the middle, and the final M in the bottom. I really do need to pick up a copy of Franks book....

• 3 weeks later...

sevengunner,

Newer info is that W= Westinghouse Electric, not Winchester as originally thought. A "W" mag has been found with the Westinghouse Electric info on the outside of the mag wrapper.

HTH,

Carey

There are unmarked mags with dull blue finnish made on US equipment by the Taiwanese. Theses are showing up state side at about $20-25. The mag catch block on the the back is slightly different. The mags seem to be of good quality and I have had no problems with them.

Kevin