10 Round Mags

RDS

Mine appears to be a cut-down as well. From what I have seen, I would have to say that they are not very common.

The 20 rd mags are around ,I would say that other than SARCO and Reese that they are not so common either .

I have seen 1 10 rd mag and I have in my collection .

I am sure someone with a little more expertise will chime in and offer some more input.

HTH

Mike

I have 2 10 rounders, purchased years apart and they are identical in every way, including the springs. I've disassembled them both, and believe that this is the way they came from the factory. There is too much sheet metal bending at the bottom to say that they are 'home made.' The other thing, I can't get more than about 8 rounds into either mag, both have metal followers. I suspect that they might have been made for the BM62 which was the commerical version for easier import after the 68 GCA - JMHO. Price was about $50 each, one I found on 'evil' bay http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nono.gif

I have four 10 round mags. All have 3 spot welds on the bottom of each side. The welds hold a sheet metal lip that retains the floor plate. That what is why I said they appear to be made from 20 round mags. All have stainless followers. Three have floor plates marked as follows

PIETRO BERETTA

MADE IN ITALY

7.62 NATO

Fourth one marked as follows

P.B. BM59

All hold 9 rounds. The floor plates are the type with a lip on the narrow end

I also have a couple of 10 rounds and one 5 rounder. Well, one of the ten rounders actually hold, for me, 8 rounds. And all have, either, PB BM59 or PR BM59.

RDS, Would you ever sell or trade (20 rounder) for one of your 10 rounders with the bottom:

PIETRO BERETTA

MADE IN ITALY

7.62 NATO ?

I will have to wait when I get home to check out what my magazines look like (cut down or not) , but all have steel followers.