Another Rare Bm59 Rifle....

Pete

Now on Gunbroker! For your Viewing Pleasure and financial planning(Playing Lotto tonight!)

Listing states: Beretta BM-59 Exrteme"RARE"1 of 200"NO IMPORT MARK and:

"DONT" MISS THIS "EXTREMELY" "RARE" LIFE'TIME OPPORTUNITY!!! FROM MY PRIVATE COLLECTION ***SORRY NO TRADES!!*** "ATTENTION "PRE-BAN" COLLECTORS!!!! "VERY "FEW" OF THIS 1 OF 200 SPECIAL PIETRO BERRETTA 7.62/.308 SET'S WITH ((((NO IMPORT MARK))) WERE EVER MADE AND OFFERED IN THIS CONFIGURATION ENTERED THE USA!!! THEY WERE HAND ASSEMBLED AND TUNED, THEY EMBODY THE EXTRAORDINARY LEVEL OF REFINE-MENT AND PRECISION REQUIRED TO DELIVER EXACT SHOT PLACE-MENT IN THE MOST DEMANDING TACTICAL SITUATIONS!!!"

Never seen Heel Marks like this one!

P. Beretta

Brescia-Italia

BM59-7.62 NATO

So, was it handassebled here or in Italy? Now this rifle has sky-rocketed to my LUST After LIST!

Pete

MRJ,

For some reason, the seller listed the BM59 rifle as a 7 day auction, but was listed for only 7 or 8 hours. The auction is now closed but this is the number: Auction # 77794513. You will have to seach for auctions closed in last 48 hours or past week. IT SURE IS PURTY!!! And I forgot to play the DAMN Lotto last night!!! Oh well!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Pete - Thanks for the listing number. The serial number of this rifle is 006586. A similar rifle with the same heel stamping and serial numbered 005647 was offered for sale on Gunsamerica in July, 2003, for $3250. This second rifle was in the paratrooper configuration with a folding stock and detatchable Tri-comp. Interestingly its gas cylinder was like that on a BM69 - It accepted the bipod but had no spindle valve or GL sights.

Does any of our more advanced collectors have any definitive information on these rare semi-autos?

MRJ

Just as a side note, when the ship I served on was ported in Naples (late 50's) the sales rep from Beretta came on board with samples of his wares (mostly shotguns) and you could make a purchase (with CO's permission), firearm was delivered to the 'master at arms' and when we arrived back in the states you got your firearm. All you needed was the captain's authorization to clear customs back in the states. I would think such a arrangement would have lasted until the GCA of 68. I remember we had organized boar hunts in Turkey (Izmir) and M1 Garands were issued - today it would never happen, we live in a 'PC' world.