Stock Wiggles A Bit

My West Hurley showed up at my Class III today. Left Texas (to Florida) registered mail last Tuesday. Now if I can just get the Form 4 back from the LEO and off to ATF...The only part left on this gun that is WH is the receiver itself. Everything else is AO or Savage. The stock wiggles on the lower receiver. How much of this is normal? Range report "soon".

The slight wiggle of the butt stock on the receiver is characteristic of the gun. Not to worry. I cut a small length of neoprene that fits in the front of the butt stock receiver slot and it tightened things up nicely without modification. Edited by TSMGguy

I use a scrap of paper and stuff it in the end of the stock slide on the buttstock. I like the neoprene idea. Where do you get neoprene at?

If you want a artical that explains the "Wiggle" a bit get one of Doug's tech books. He has a page about the fit. I'll be looking forward to a range report and perhaps pictures?-adlake

Yes, I understand that there is something about buttstock fit in Mr. Richardson's Thompson Technical Volume 2, but that book is out of print now and I can't get a copy from his site.

For anyone that has a copy, does it offer any suggestions for a more permanent fix for the wobble than shimming?

Edited by richard w.