West Hurley M1 Question

Nope . No Blish lock means no Blish lock grooves which means they can't be mis-machined .

My WH M1 suffered from cracked ( from the factory ) front sight ring (that fell off first time out ) , a rear sight that had the rivits pull out ( three times) , a burr that formed in the hole the bolt stem passed through ( opened it up a little and put a bevel leading into it ) , two piece fore end hanger that snapped it's tit and pulled out ( twice , it now has a one piece USGI hanger in it ) , a mis-machined upper in the mag well area that kept a GI mag from fully seating by 1/10 of an inch which led me to use modified mags with the net result that for 25 years the gun would just not run reliable due to the bolt barly catching the upper case rim for feeding ( machined to correct , sold off my modified mags , bought new USGIs ) , and , after getting it to work 100 % after 25 years of fiddling , started to run FA on semi , which was finally cured by a new USGI lower .

See , no problems . :wacko:

Chris

PK reworked my wife's WH M1 shooter. Can't remember each line item, but it was a train wreck, and expensive to correct.

I'm sure each Hurley has it's individual warts, if left uncorrected, it will eat itself up over time.

My 2 cents,

Darryl