‘28 parts in a 1921

At the 2019 TCA Show & Shoot, I brought my recently papered 1921. Had the pleasure meet many experienced collectors and experts. My table was near that of Tom Davis (author of An Amateurs Guide for the Colts Thompson Submachine Gun - best money Ive spent). His best advice was not to fire my 1921 with the original actuator. The book explains why. I was doubly lucky - bought a 1928 parts kit hand selected by and from Frank Iannamico.

Got home, put the 28 bolt, actuator, spring, and guide in my 192i, and fired 220 rounds. The gun fired perfectly, except for a temperamental 30 round mag. It fired a lot slower - but that made my ammo last a bit longer (lol). These parts, plus the Tom-diagnosed bulged barrel, means I can shoot to my last dime.

Thanks to Tom, Frank, and everyone else from TCA for a fun and informative weekend. Made the 10 2/2 hour drive more than worthwhile.

If it were me, I would still change and save the bulged Colt barrel. You can buy an aftermarket barrel from a number of sources and not have to worry about shooting the gun.

The bulged barrel is still the original barrel and based on Toms description of the ring - the original barrel, ring and all, is still irreplaceable.

1921A

Edited by 1921A