M3 Greasegun on Sturm

Very nice work. I referred to it as an arsenal rework as it had some extra markings on the mag well. How long ago did you rewat it? I have a friend who needs a new felt for his dust cover/safety. What would the cost be for that?

If he in fact got full asking price of $23,695 then I am smiling as I have right around $9,500 in mine including the parts and transfer for my M3 that I rewated last year. Still my favorite machine gun...

Returned the gun to Ruben over a month ago. I put an M3a1 barrel on it so owners can remove the barrel with an open end or adjustable wrench after they tighten it too much. Have had a number of M3s for work that had vicegrip, monkey wrench or vice jaw marks on the barrels from efforts to loosen the barrel. The finish on the gun when I got it was thin and worn in a lot of places from wear and tear after the arsenal work. Replacement of felt on the dust cover involves removal of the rivets and fabrication of new rivets for resetting the backup plate. Repark after that.

I had to grind the welds out of mine. They had plugged the barrel then welded the barrel to the trunion. The only new parts it required was a new barrel (obviously) front guide rod plate and a new set of guide rods. The felt on mine is still in good shape. I did replace the British "loop" as it had this once in its life then removed and I did not like the nubs sticking out, nor did I want to grind them off and have bare spots on my writing. I refinished it with black high temp stove paint as the Brit's were great for using this stuff on guns. Mine had the British Proof marks on it and was black so I figured why not make it black again.