Range Time with the Model 6 - Works Great

Hi All,

I finally got my Ingram Model 6 to the range today. In short, I was very impressed. I spent some time with 15 year old handloads of lead 200gr SWC over 5.5 gr. WW-231, factory 230 ball, and whatever else was lying around the reloading room. Every time the bolt closed it ran just fine. Not bad for a gun that has been lying in pieces for many years. (Another story.) I did have a bit of trouble with the semi-auto trigger resetting at times. I had changed the sear spring and trigger spring earlier as I thought the wrong parts were assembled in the gun. Turns out the "borowed" trigger guard was stopping the trigger from moving correctly.

Funny about the ejection on the gun. The extractor is on the top but the ejector is a bit to the left of center. It throws brass high over the right shoulder of a right handed shooter. It will be fun to drop it on the head of the range officer in the next match :)

The magazines loaded very easily and ran empty every time w/o a problem. I can trace the ownership of the gun back to Gainsville Florida. It is in park finish now as the pitting on the gun makes it look like it was left in the wet trunk of a car.

Just out of curiousity, I think this gun may have been offered in 9mm. Has anyone seen a bolt for 9mm? The bolt is an interesting assembly that has some interesting low-tech machine work. More like what I would do at home. You can guess where this is going. The bolt weight would make a dandy 9mm running about the same speed as a Swedish K.

All in all a nice little gun that I'll be spending more time with at the range.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

Edited by Grasshopper

Hi All,

This Model 6 is a Police model. I initially had a video with this post but I accidently had range badges w/names on them. To respect the privacy of my friends I pulled the video for now. A bit of scrubbing of the video and I'll get it back out again.

I did read the old paperwork incorrectly. It did not come out of a PD (in 1978 anyway). 1978 was the last transfer before I purchased the gun and the 1978 transfer was a dealer to dealer.

Sincerely,

Grasshopper