A Note From Gordon Herigstad

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO MY THOMPSON COLLECTOR FRIENDS:

I will not be attending the TCA shoot and dinner this August. I thought sure I would be able to make it.

Tracie Hill has informed me that I registered too late. He informed me there are no exceptions. He also informed me that there will be no walk-ins, so I would be turned away at the door if I showed up.

Tracie has done a lot for the TCA and Thompson collecting in general. This is his show so we must abide by his rules.

This is not the end of the world. I look forward to seeing all of you at the big SAR show in Phoenix, Arizona in early December this year. I will have two tables of Thompson things.

Kind regards

Gordon Herigstad

That is a bummer.

I still don't know if my schedule will allow it yet, and was hoping I could walk in if it frees up.

Maybe next year.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

In fairness to Tracie, part of the issue for Fairfax are the special arrangements for the bus tours and dinner at NRA headquarters. Normally, when Tracie arranges for dinner at his house, he can adjust to a few last minute changes. In this case, he is having to coordinate the catering in the NRA cafeteria for the dinner.

There will also not be the normal "show" at this year's meeting, although I do expect plenty of sharing and trading to be going on at the Comfort Inn and nearby "establishments". http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

There certainly may be other reasons for the "no exceptions" policy, some of which may be those expressed in this thread. Let's hope not for the sake of the Thompson community that we all belong to, but the comments about the changing nature of the hobby do have validity.

For those who sent in their money by the deadline, see you at Fairfax.

Roger

Got some opinions but ... not for today. I do remember a fairly important step in the deadline process was the security check/procedure for some of the tours. That may be the lion's share of the problem? My son and I will be there and looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone.

C.J.

Ron,

I do not think anyone begged for $10.00 . The part after that you did get right [please help us] to me that means please attend and help. And that message is to every T.C.A. member . My question to you is how come we have never got to meet you or why have you never made the trip to Ohio or to a T.C.A. event.

Yes Tracie somtimes has what he calls a P.O. gene. And yes he has pissed me off a time or two. What you should try to do is put your self in his shoes . For 10 years and I hope another 10 he opens his house to 125 or 150 people plans a show and shoot does all the mailing and all the support that goes along with it. And if you are a Thompson collector you must make the trip. And meet a lot of very fine people.

Also : How come Gordon's posts come from Frank.

Lets show some support keep this post alive

Robert [Chuck] Klein- current director