Who Has Sent There Drum Back To Kahr?

Hi Lancer. I sent two drums back to Kahr. The tracking number shows Kahr received them Feb 3, I sent an e-mail to Dottie Harold requesting the status of the repair/replacement early this week and I have not heard back from her.

The two drums I received did not have as many problems as some have noted here (copper ring, smashed key etc…). However, Dottie did admit that they had a bad run of drums and paid the shipping on the return. At this point, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on making good on the product. Time will tell. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

There may/may not be a time delay. Kahr has recently got a new Contractor for their Drum Production, so receiving a Replacement may take a bit longer. Personally I would be more than happy to wait for a good product, than getting damaged goods..

Lancer,

You and I are in the same boat. I shipped mine back on 1/27/05 and they received it on 2/1/05. Haven't heard a thing either. With those dates that should put us a week or so behind Kevin. Let's hope anyway. I too am willing to wait for a good reliable product and hope these "replacement" drums are from the new batch. If not they'll get it back again.

Did you guys have to provide any receipt / proof of purchase? I got a Kahr drum for Christmas that doesn't run and I'd like to send it back but I don't have any receipt since it was a gift.

You needn't worry about the lack of proof of purchase, Sarge. My first order of three drums work fine, but the second three had two with problems. One had the copper coated welding wire welded to the top edge of the body. The other is binding up inside. An email to Kahr about the problems elicited a response from Dorothy - return the drums with a letter relating the problems, return address, phone, and authorization number which she gave me. So just get in touch with her with a run down of why you'd like to return it.

Rich