Speaking Of Weird Compensators

I have in my hand a die-cast compensator. The front sight is part of the comp. It is not a threaded comp, but rather just presses on the barrel, and then a pin is drive thru the bottom of the sight to go thru a lug that apparently is on top of the barrel (There is a hollow cavity inside the base of the sight to accept this lug).

Is this one of those Japan model gun comps?

Doug

I'd like to get rid of the comp on my 27a1. I really don't see the need for it on a semi-auto . All it does is make the barrel 2" longer. I think I'll talk to PK about taking it off and putting an M1 style front sight on instead. I'm sure he can line it up so it'll shoot straight and silver solider/pin the new sight in place. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Doug, without seeing a Pic of your Comp, there are two possibilities. It could be from a MGC Thompson, OR perhaps, from a Commando Mark .45 Carbine, as these were slip over the Barrel pin on jobs as well.

I have one of those slip on types as well. Someone said it might have came off a bb arcade gun.

It was attached to a short chunk of .45 cal barrel (straight, not tapered), and I don't know of any .45 bb guns!

This one has a setscrew rather than a pin to hold it on. Rather ugly.

Can you post a pic of your comp?

• 2 weeks later...