• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johne49

Johne49

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:44 PM

I'm in the process of buying my first Thompson. Has anyone dealt with this class 3 dealer? I would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:48 PM

The seller is Steve Brown in Foster, Rhode Island. Has anybody talked with or dealt with him before? Thanks for helping out John for me.

#3 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1630 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:22 AM

Johne-49
Have you tried this question on one of the other boards?
Tom Bowers or Sturmgeweher would be my suggestion.
Good luck.

#4 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:58 AM

Got to go with Sig. Try Bower's boards and click on the recommended dealers listings. It's not all knowing but if he's there, he should be OK to deal with. FWIW

#5 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:50 AM

Steve Brown sent me pictures right away for a 1928 he is selling. No close ups, just overalls.
I asked what his bare minimum price was on the gun he was listing for $15k, and he said $15K! Not really a surprise anymore these days with prices going up as they have been, but then he said the "retail" is $22K! Not for me.

Good luck - hope it works out OK!

#6 kyle

kyle

• Regular Group
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (giantpanda4 @ Jan 22 2004, 11:50 AM)
Steve Brown sent me pictures right away for a 1928 he is selling. No close ups, just overalls.
I asked what his bare minimum price was on the gun he was listing for $15k, and he said $15K! Not really a surprise anymore these days with prices going up as they have been, but then he said the "retail" is $22K! Not for me.

Good luck - hope it works out OK!

I had the exact same reaction. Where are these list prices posted?

Based on the thumbnail pics, the gun looks nice and may be worth every penny Steve is asking. But I'm willing to keep looking for a better deal because I think they're out there.

Ultimately, "market price" is what someone is willing to pay, whether I agree or not.