6 replies to this topic

#1 JTinIN

JTinIN

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Machine guns and Flintlocks

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:12 AM

What does everone recommend for reference books, videos and manuals for a potential (i.e. set back and waiting on one of the MP5s to sell) new Thomson owner (M1 in particular).

See American Thunder, The Military Thompson is sold out, so assume have to check the on line used book dealers.

Edited by JTinIN, 28 August 2004 - 03:13 AM.

#2 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:45 AM

I bought my copy of "American Thunder" at a gun show not long ago. "The Gun that the Twenties Roar" is interesting too. Tracie Hill's "Thompson: the American Legend" is a must, $85 bucks but worth every penny.

#3 Balder

Balder

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:55 AM

I'm very pleased with this 5-in-1 manual from Numrich/GPC:

http://www.e-gunpart...hrSuperSKU=&MC=

Balder

#4 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:04 AM

Hi JTinIN. About six months ago I got a new copy of American Thunder from Long Mountain Outfitters in NV. You might want to give them a call and see if they still have some in stock. (702) 564-0948 and www.longmountain.com .

Scott

#5 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:53 AM

First, Frank is putting together "American Thunder II" which promises to have nearly 500 pages of facts, figures and more heretofore unpublished photos of Thompsons in action. No promise date for shipping yet.

But if you have to have AT now or want copies of AT and AT II, as well as checking, longmountain, try FAC at 763-780-8780 or Tracie Hill at 740-587-0755.

Rat-tat-tat!

#6 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

JT,

Another out of print but usually available book that has M1 TSMG war photos and info is the Chris Ellis, Thompson Submachine Gun book. Should be fairly low cost since it is a thin book. Nowhere near as detailed as American Thunder but it is a hardcover book.

#7 JTinIN

JTinIN

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Machine guns and Flintlocks

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:35 PM

Thanks

Like the brown paper bag copy for $505 .... just have to decide between that and a parts kit ... LOL!