• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

OK its been a little boring here lately, here is a short tracer video. Had some video camera difficulties as a result, only captured a handful of rounds, but I did the video magic to make it longer.

Tracers are my .223 remanufactured into .45 acp rounds. Will do a longer burst in the near future, 30 rounds or maybe a drum dump.
Dan

http://home.rconnect...chinegunvideos/

http://home.rconnect...les/tracers.mpg

#2 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

One on the right seems to cyle a lot quicker for some reason... I hope the tracer video is old.... They would string you up by your jewels, if you did that now where I live.....

#3 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:49 PM

NICE VIDEOS - THANKS. biggrin.gif

Will the tracers do any damage and where can you get them? huh.gif

Thanks,

Jim smile.gif

#4 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

Makes me want to go out and purchase some tracers. tongue.gif

#5 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

Z3BigDaddy Right gun is a 28 with no blish lock, runs pretty fast, hard to tell just how fast until you race it with a M1A1 like that. Surpised me. No tracers where you live? What state?

Made the tracers, covered it a while back but basically took .223 tracers (real cheap) and cut off the tracer end. Drilled out the base of a 45 slug and epoxy glued the two parts together. Lastly, poked open the thin metal cup at the end of the tracer so it would light right away and you can see they are burning right out of the barrel. Takes a while to do that process, but it sure beats a buck a round for commercially available stuff.

#6 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

Dan,

That's cool!!!

Lets see some more.

Dave smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#7 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (deerslayer @ Aug 3 2005, 07:47 PM)
Z3BigDaddy  Right gun is a 28 with no blish lock, runs pretty fast, hard to tell just how fast until you race it with a M1A1 like that.  Surpised me.  No tracers where you live?  What state?

Oh we have tracers, Oregon, but we sure can't fire em off in the middle of summer ph34r.gif We just happen to have the biggest forest fire going in the nation right now, and I would hate to be the one to start a competitor with an errant trcer round in the grass... I was nervous as hell when I tannerited the bunny in my video... Had him sitting in the bare dirt, with water at the ready everywhere, even though I'm told binaries don't cause heat or flames.

#8 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:08 PM

Nice (Thompson related) video!

Post more!

#9 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the video-adlake

#10 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

Now I understand Z3... I've started two tracer fires myself in the grass. Thankfully neither consumed anything important, just did a nice burn on my prairie (which needs it periodically anyway). I've since confined my tracer fire to moist times (say after the rain).

#11 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

That's one of the places I've bought my tracers bullets. Great prices and fast service.