Repro F.b.i. Case

WWL,

I make reproduction cases! I've been making them since 1975. Go to www.photobucket.com/rat-tat-tat-cases and select slide show in the upper right corner. You'll see examples of all of the Thompson cases that I make. For details, options available and/or a price list, sent me an email. Bob@rat-tat-tat.com

Here are some photos:

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/r...at/100_2157.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/r...at/100_2175.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq248/r...aseexterior.jpg

Regards! Bob

Edited by Bob@rat-tat-tat

Bob

Wow!!

Very nice cases.

Thanks, Lancer! I HAVE been doing this awhile... :P:blink:

By the way, my oldest son has a really nice old Lincoln. A '60s something, with the rear suicide doors...it's pretty cool. It's all original, including the interior, BUT it has been modified with hydraulics (or something?) so he can "hop" it. It's pretty comical when he pulls into a gas station and lowers the frame onto the pavement! He gets alot of stares...but that may be because of his neck to wrist tattoos and his spiked, jet black (and sometimes, pink) hair. He's a disabled vet (Army), a college grad, the QA manager for an aircraft overhaul facility, a skydiver, LOVES full-auto guns and cars! Not married, and NO kids. His long-time, really cute girlfriend is, incidentally, a tattoo artist. Go figure kids today... :blink:

By the way, my oldest son has a really nice old Lincoln. A '60s something, with the rear suicide doors...it's pretty cool. It's all original, including the interior, BUT it has been modified with hydraulics (or something?) so he can "hop" it. It's pretty comical when he pulls into a gas station and lowers the frame onto the pavement! He gets alot of stares...but that may be because of his neck to wrist tattoos and his spiked, jet black (and sometimes, pink) hair. He's a disabled vet (Army), a college grad, the QA manager for an aircraft overhaul facility, a skydiver, LOVES full-auto guns and cars! Not married, and NO kids. His long-time, really cute girlfriend is, incidentally, a tattoo artist. Go figure kids today... :blink:

Bob

Like Thompsons, the 61-67 Lincoln Continentals were very special. Basically hand built, Ford sold them for about $6500 (when Chevy's sold for about $2k) and lost money on every one they sold. My 67 convertible got more comments than any other car I ever owned. It's the only one I can say I really miss.

Back to your cases, do any of them incorporate room for a C drum?

Edited by Lancer

Bob

Like Thompsons, the 61-67 Lincoln Continentals were very special. Basically hand built, Ford sold them for about $6500 (when Chevy's sold for about $2k) and lost money on every one they sold. My 67 convertible got more comments than any other car I ever owned. It's the only one I can say I really miss.

Back to your cases, do any of them incorporate room for a C drum?

Lancer,

The only original case built that could hold a "C" drum was the sales sample, or "Indiana" case. Only a very few of these were made and even fewer were made to hold a "C" drum. I do offer the "C" drum option on my reproduction "Indiana" cases, at no extra charge.

Regards, Bob

Great case, I just bought a 21 overstamp today sans case. I think yours will do just fine. Please bear in mind that my wallet is a little brusied right now!!!

Hey Bob,

Are those 20 or 30 rounders displayed in your case? That case is beautiful.

Thanks for the compliment! Original FBI and Police cases ONLY have compartments for 20rd. mags., and of course a 50rd drum. Thirty rd. mags didn't appear until WWII, and original cases are all pre-WWII. My cases are reproductions/replicas of the originals. I believe the Kahr cases for the semis will hold 30rd. mags. Hope this helps! Bob

The only original case built that could hold a "C" drum was the sales sample, or "Indiana" case. Only a very few of these were made and even fewer were made to hold a "C" drum. I do offer the "C" drum option on my reproduction "Indiana" cases, at no extra charge.

Regards, Bob

Bob

With the C drum option, can anything else be fitted in the Indiana case? My Tommy is a WW2 Bridgeport police gun so XXX mags would be appropriate. What I would really like is for the case to hold one each, C drum, L drum, XXX mag and a XX mag. I doubt this is possible but I thought I would ask.

Bob

With the C drum option, can anything else be fitted in the Indiana case? My Tommy is a WW2 Bridgeport police gun so XXX mags would be appropriate. What I would really like is for the case to hold one each, C drum, L drum, XXX mag and a XX mag. I doubt this is possible but I thought I would ask.

Bob

I found this pic of a case and gun G.H. had for sale a couple of years ago. The case is rather unique. G.H. stated that it was custom made for the Muncie, Indiana P.D. in 1946. The case is very tightly packed even without a XXX mag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/Lancer1717/Board%20pics/9115-1.jpg

I purchased a reproduction hard case from Bob. the price was fair, the quality of the case was outstanding and Bob kept me advised as to his progress on the case all the way through the process. I have received numerous compliments on the case. I strongly recommend Bob to anyone interested in a reproduction Thompson hard case.

I purchased a reproduction hard case from Bob. the price was fair, the quality of the case was outstanding and Bob kept me advised as to his progress on the case all the way through the process. I have received numerous compliments on the case. I strongly recommend Bob to anyone interested in a reproduction Thompson hard case.

DL,

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS! It was a pleasure making a case for you. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. Regards, Bob

Hey Bob,

Can you tell me how your cases account for the cocking knob? Does the Thompson just teeter or does the case address the knob?

Thanks!

Hey Bob,

Can you tell me how your cases account for the cocking knob? Does the Thompson just teeter or does the case address the knob?

Thanks!

Cool. A question I can answer.

Look at the rear sights. There are two "wings" on either side the gun rests on these, and a barrel support. Look inside the case and you will see a leather strip on one side where they go. The wings should be right there at the height of the knob

Hey Bob,

Thanks!

Cool. A question I can answer.

Look at the rear sights. There are two "wings" on either side the gun rests on these, and a barrel support. Look inside the case and you will see a leather strip on one side where they go. The wings should be right there at the height of the knob

Kruuth. You're correct. The gun is "snug as a bug" resting on the rear sight. Bob