Reising 12rd Mag To 20rd Mag Conversion.

GonePostal

Looking at the mags it's clear that the mags are virtually the same with the exception that the 12rd mags have the creases in the sides of the mag body in order to limit the mag to single stack usage. The follow looks to be slightly different.

I realize that the mags are expensive and attempting to do this might render a 12rd mag useless but has anyone thought of or tried to flatten out the creases and turn a 12rd mag into a 20rd mag capable of holding a double stack of ammunition?

Clearly something allowed even with the law today cause the 12rd mag is already considered a pre-ban hi-cap magazine.

/Gone Postal

• 1 month later...
How about welding a 12 rd. mag on top of a ppsh drum? Some internals will also have to be changed.

Along with those suggestions, anybody ever try making a grease gun mag conversion? or even modifying thompson or grease gun mags to work.

I know the ATF would not approve but if it was possible someone could post instructions. By looking at the price of factory and KC mags these days there is going to have to be a solution of substitution for reising owners in the years to come.

• 2 weeks later...
On this mag deal lets try to think out of the box. Instead of modifying mags to fit the gun, why not modify the gun to fit the mag. Grease gun mags are too thick, thompson mags need the feed end pinched. Why not find an extra lower mag receptical and cut if off and weld on a new piece to accomodate another easily obtainable mag. Some enterprising individual might even tool up to manufacture a complete replacement unit. As I understand it, the guns can be modified, the mags cannot.

• 2 months later...

The old Machine Gun News ran a few articles on converting Thompson mags to Reising mags several years ago. Well before the "crime bill", I might add.

I don't have them, and haven't read them, but back issues are available. I looked at their article directory, and saw at least four articles on this, maybe more. There was one group of three, that ran consecutive months, so I'm guessing that it was a series.

I decided that I had to have all of them, and went to the LMO website to order. The cheapest one was $35.00. I then decided that I didn't need any, so can't give any info.

But, I thought someone might be interested in knowing about those articles.