Forum Added 6/25/10

All,

I decided to start this forum because I do not see a discussion resource for firearm manuals, and I know that a lot of people have questions about which firearm manuals or books exist covering the items in their collection. As most of you know, firearm paper items are a subject that is dear to me, and I feel that they add much to the overall firearm collecting experience, and can tell a lot about the history of their use. I have a huge collection of firearm manuals, both for sale, and in my personal collection, and through the years I have had thousands of different manuals, so if it exists, I probably know about it, and probably have a picture of it, perhaps including its contents. I am also familiar with most firearm books, and can help point you to the good ones.

Although not a very active website, I own Firearmmanuals.com, and some referrals come to me through it. Another family website is Biggerhammer.net, which has become a huge resource for downloadable manuals. You can see the list at the following link:

http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

Anyway, I hope that this new forum will generate some interest, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have on the subject.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

you need to be authorized to open any of the links listed there. i have some fairly scarce manuals in my own collection (including an original MG08 Maxim manual and a couple different Chauchat manuals), however, I do not think the bindings would survive a scanning as they are rather fragile. any suggestions?

you need to be authorized to open any of the links listed there. i have some fairly scarce manuals in my own collection (including an original MG08 Maxim manual and a couple different Chauchat manuals), however, I do not think the bindings would survive a scanning as they are rather fragile. any suggestions?

billie32,

On our Biggerhammer manual site, the special login is listed there on the page. It is as follows:

USERNAME PASSWORD

manuals chipin

I have a few manuals that are in fragile condition, also. I would suggest scanning the cover, and then enlist the help of someone else to gingerly open to each page, while you photograph the contents.

I would like to make more of the content of certain rarer manuals available, however there is a lot of time invested in such efforts. I will eventually make a pinned post here, with links to rarer content that might be useful, such as your Chauchat manuals. I would probably watermark them with image copyright information, because many of the CD manual collections available for sale have incorporated scans I posted on Biggerhammer.net.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 1 month later...

David, I'm looking for schematics and manuals for the early WWI BARs, all I see are the 1918a2 WWII variety.

Do you have any suggestions? I already have Rock in a Hard Place and have a Marlin Rockwell pending.

Thanks,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta