Dimensions Metal Spare Parts Box

I'm getting bored of my own questions, but here is another one, Can someone give me the dimensions of the metal spare parts box? (to provide room in my FBI case)

thanks

I'm getting bored of my own questions, but here is another one, Can someone give me the dimensions of the metal spare parts box? (to provide room in my FBI case)

thanks

If I recall, it's the same size as a 20rd. mag.

I'm anxious to see how the case turns out. I'd try my hand at it if I had time, I'm a

carpenter by trade.

I think the dust lips will be tricky. What type of wood are you going to use, it will

have to be stable.

I've seen European 3/8" finish plywood and was impressed with the quality.

-Darryl

Edited by darrylta

Original box was 5/16 yellow pine which was tongue and grooved. The lip was a one piece of steel which was placed on top lid. The bottom was beveled so the steel would not hit and to give it a better seal. That is what is on my original box

Original box was 5/16 yellow pine which was tongue and grooved. The lip was a one piece of steel which was placed on top lid. The bottom was beveled so the steel would not hit and to give it a better seal. That is what is on my original box

Sorry not tongue and groove, it is dove tailed. It has been awhile since I played with wood

• 2 weeks later...