Newly Completed Conversion Works!

I did my first test of the newly completed 7.62x25 conversion last Saturday. Used a PPSH drum altered to fit and with a couple witnesses present loaded a couple Wolf Gold 7.62x25 rounds in a switched it to semi. Fired with robust ejection out some 30 feet to the right. Commenced with a half dozen rounds on full. One witness present mentioned it went full, and hoped it was set to full. It was... and it was a bit quicker than I anticipated. Witness produced a PACT timer and reports the gun is functioning at 920 to 980 rpm. Ejection was fine... brass wasn't dented, primer hit was proper, no problems and no signs of any over pressure.

Looks like a good addition to the 9mm Thompson conversion... just the barrels are different.

Pics in a few days.

I've been called a lot of things, but "witness" is a first. (Unless you actually meant "witless". That would be routine.)

The Thompsonski shot very well. I think you might want to play with the recoil spring a little, but otherwise things went flawlessly. For a first test it was very impressive.

Thompsonski?

Ok... Thompsonski, Thompsonovich... yeah. I was a cappy hamper. Now to reindex and secure that front sight on that barrel and call it done. Two PPs 43 mags will go with it as well.

Now... to finish the 40 cal mag....

Yeah! Video!!

And------ :blink: Where did all the spam cans of 7.62x25 go to. I checked all the places that had it for around 90.00 to 120.00 for a 1200+ round spam can of Polish and Romanian, and every place is out of stock and only selling 50 or 70 round boxes.

Yeah! Video!!

And------ :blink: Where did all the spam cans of 7.62x25 go to. I checked all the places that had it for around 90.00 to 120.00 for a 1200+ round spam can of Polish and Romanian, and every place is out of stock and only selling 50 or 70 round boxes.

Shattered bought it all.

Probably. I wonder if he's cracked the slab in his Ohio garage yet like he did in CT.

Oh man... if I cracked THIS one out here the honeymoon would mos' def be over. I only have three pallets of 8mm out here, carefully distributed around a three wall perimeter with NO big weight on any one part of the slab, with a bunch of reloads in some 90 ammo cans across the back with some toolboxes and a freezer.

Being VERY careful of this garage floor... we are NOT going to be here forever and replacing THIS floor isn't something that's going to happen.

Hey Mang, got any hooks in the highway department? CT roads really, really suck. We really get a damn good buffeting in the ol' lady's 4 door Wrangler, no matter which town, which highway in CT. CT roads bring on an entirely new meaning to "head banging". What the hell has happened in the 16 years we've been gone? Certainly no ones been doing any road building....

Wow, that's really great :hail: PICS! VIDEO! Please share your accomplishment with the class.

Yes, please post pics or video, sounds like fun! Congrats!

Wow, that's really great :hail: PICS! VIDEO! Please share your accomplishment with the class.

Yes, please post pics or video, sounds like fun! Congrats!

http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/images/smilies/ttiwwp.gif

<_<

Ever get the feeling nobody is quite good enuff for this board? *chuckle*

Oh make sure you have safety glasses and ear protection on in the pics and videos... And "no" music to distract from the roar of the gun. ;)