Ammo For Semi M3A1

I have a Valkyrie semi-auto M3A1. When I shoot it live the spent casing does not eject all the way and gets caught up in the receiver. The ejector is still there and Im not really sure what it could be. It is almost like the bolt does not go all the way back to allow the casing to eject. So I was wondering what ammo do you all shoot out of yours so I can give it a try and see it this would fix my problem. Or if anyone has more of an insight as to what it could be I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Zack

Disregard...it was a broken extractor

Zack,

If your semi M3 uses the same extractor as the M3 SMG you may have trouble finding a replacement. Don't throw the broken extractor away until you get a replacement .

You may have to weld up the broken extractor.

Jim C

Someone , I hear , is making new ones for around $50 a pop. I have been looking for a stash of originals for some spare stripped bolts and for my parts boxes ( and for other's here ) for some years now , no joy yet . Did have a possible lead on some at the last SAR show for $20-30 each , but the @##&** business card went AWOL on me.

Chris

Zack , there were three types of semis offered. The short bbl pistol ( no stock ) , the stocked rifle ( with the long shooting bbl to be legal and a short dummy for display ) , and the registered SBR with the stock and short bbl. If you have one of the first two , you will have to fill out a form 1 and register it with the BATFE as a short barreled rifle. When you get the form 1 back as approved , then you can modify your gun to look more like the real thing.

Doing it before / without the approval is a big time felony.

Just want to be sure you're aware.

Chris