Price Check Aisle 3....

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin/product_details.php?itemID=49614

AD; "Auto Ordnance M1928 .45 ACP caliber rifle. Comes with 11.5" barrel, finned barrel, vertical forearm grip, 2 stick magazines, some wear on receiver. Full auto, detachable butt stock for gangster mobility. Class III item. NFA rules do apply. $22,500.00 Item# R13405"

From the photos it has the appearance of a West Hurley, I know Collectors Firearms in Houston is a bit high on some of their stuff, but what am I missing? They didn't used to do class 3 years ago, trying to make up for lost time now I guess.

Collectors Firearms in Houston is a very fun gun shop to visit. I've been there a couple of times, and was particularly impressed with the number of firearm books they kept in stock. Some of their prices can be unrealistic, as is the case here. However, perhaps they're looking for the buyer that may not be fully informed, has deep pockets, and wants to own a Thompson. They have a lot of high quality firearms in their store, and cater to an upscale collector clientele. I don't think it will sell at that price, but they will probably hold onto it for a couple of years, then discount it appropriately.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

cater to an upscale collector clientele

In a crappy strip center off Fondren Road too! They do have an amazing shop, I was in there for two hours the first time I went by. Got a nice Colt 1911 made in October 1918 there for a decent price at the time....does that make me upscale?? :blink:

cater to an upscale collector clientele

In a crappy strip center off Fondren Road too! They do have an amazing shop, I was in there for two hours the first time I went by. Got a nice Colt 1911 made in October 1918 there for a decent price at the time....does that make me upscale?? :blink:

Motorcar,

Absolutely!

David