First Time At Range

Took my new Auto Ordnance TM1 to the range today for the first time. Field stripped it first and did a little polishing, cleaning and lube. After reading all the horror stories on this forum about the Kahr's I was expecting the sight to fall off, the barrel to unscrew, every other round to jam and the bolt to end up in my face. I was pleasantly surprised that it ran flawlessly. Very smooth, no jams, very accurate and none of the furniture fell off. I had a ball but I'm afraid it will be the most expensive trip to the range I ever made. Because now I can't wait to get the real thing and go full auto.

Took my new Auto Ordnance TM1 to the range today for the first time. Field stripped it first and did a little polishing, cleaning and lube. After reading all the horror stories on this forum about the Kahr's I was expecting the sight to fall off, the barrel to unscrew, every other round to jam and the bolt to end up in my face. I was pleasantly surprised that it ran flawlessly. Very smooth, no jams, very accurate and none of the furniture fell off. I had a ball but I'm afraid it will be the most expensive trip to the range I ever made. Because now I can't wait to get the real thing and go full auto.

jimstephens,

Diagnosis: Thompsonitis

Prognosis: Incurable

Treatment: West Hurley, NAC, AO Bridgeport, Savage, or Colt

Dosage: Model of 1921, Model of 1928, M1928A1, M1, or M1A1

There are some other treatments and dosages, but they are less common, and likely to cause the disease to progress even more rapidly...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

NFAitis is just as bad, if not worse. Mine started in 2000 w/ a MP5. I thought that was all I'd ever want/need. Then w/in a year I saw a really nice MP5k-PDW. Had to have that. The day my paperwork comes through, I go to my dealer to pick it up and he shows me a MP40 (bnz 43) he had just got that morning. I had to have it. Now 27 NFA guns later...... This includes an almost museum quality Colt 21/28, a Auto Ord 28AC and an Auto Ord M1A1. Last two purchases w/in last 12 months were an Enfield Lock Bren Mk1 and a Michael's Machine HK 23e. I continue to remain in denial that I have a problem......
  • Upvote 1

NFAitis is just as bad, if not worse. Mine started in 2000 w/ a MP5. I thought that was all I'd ever want/need. Then w/in a year I saw a really nice MP5k-PDW. Had to have that. The day my paperwork comes through, I go to my dealer to pick it up and he shows me a MP40 (bnz 43) he had just got that morning. I had to have it. Now 27 NFA guns later...... This includes an almost museum quality Colt 21/28, a Auto Ord 28AC and an Auto Ord M1A1. Last two purchases w/in last 12 months were an Enfield Lock Bren Mk1 and a Michael's Machine HK 23e. I continue to remain in denial that I have a problem......

Unless You're out of ammo, what is the problem?

Welcome!

New entrants to the hobby are probably rare as FA Thompsons have gotten insanely expensive.

Warning: when the bug bites, it bites HARD!

I have a friend who has done a couple SBRs... but out of all the "gun guys" that I know... I am the only one to go F/A.... or own a suppressor even. Everyone I work with that knows about my "NFA bug" shakes their heads that I would have a firearm worth more than any of their cars... but funny that they all want to come to the range with me! Most of them decline when I tell them they have to supply the ammo... :) At least it makes for a peaceful day to myself at the range.

Everyone I work with that knows about my "NFA bug" shakes their heads that I would have a firearm worth more than any of their cars... but funny that they all want to come to the range with me! Most of them decline when I tell them they have to supply the ammo... :) At least it makes for a peaceful day to myself at the range.

I find the same thing happens to me as well. All my friends want to shoot my M1 Thompson, but show them the price of ammo these days and they suddenly find "other" reasons to not go to the range!

I still get funny looks at work when my fellow co-workers ask me what I did on a weekend and I tell them about shooting full-auto... Oh well.

Jay