Seeking Help For 20's Era Gangster Display.

Hey folks-

Working on a 20's gangster era display for my Colt Thompson, and need to aquire a 1921 Colt Commercial Government model 1911 .45. Rough S/N range of the 2000 or so made in 1921 was C127000 to C129000. Would prefer all correct 90%+ finish, but would entertain whatever may be out there.

I've procured the era correct ammunition, and am picking up a nice 1907 Winchester .351 to go along with the display.

I've visited with David and Roscoe who were gracious enough to steer me in a couple directions and allow me to post this up.

If anyone has any ideas or leads let me know.

Merry Christmas to all.

Yes, Mario is a good friend, does a bangup- job with Capone stuff. We go back & forth on Dillinger- Capone stuff. He's got his name on a plaque in Chicago and been on some history channel programs. He did a nice one on Alcatraz couple years ago.

Good webpage, lots of real information on the subject, unlike some others.

BTW, 21Navy, there is a lot of information on gangsters on the Gangsters, outlaws & lawmen forum, under General Information here

I've posted a bunch of photos that might spark some ideas for you.

OCM

Edited by OCM

If you wonder up into the 1930s outlaws, I could be a lot more helpful on this. Depends on how big your display is. We had quite a few original items from the 30s outlaws on display.( rooms )

I tried to focus on a interesting piece, then went out from there. i.e. I had the hats that Bonnie & Clyde were wearing when killed, these were displayed in a lighted show case surrounded by a couple of Bonnie's poems, bullets& BAR magazine found in the death car, on & on.

So I set up a theme, worked from there- Same with Dillinger stuff, Baby Face Nelson etc., etc. Origional movie posters added a lot too, Capone, Dillinger whatever.

Keep us posted and as always, we like pictures of Thompsons on display.

Cars are good for displays too, I might add.

Good luck,

OCM

33 Black Best.JPG

Edited by OCM