Wtb M3A1 / M3 Grease Guns

Gents,

Will post photo's of two Grease Guns that are up for a "private sale". there are two machinegunboard members who are interested in these guns, and I am trying to get the seller to move them. BLUF, what are the book ends on the price range. Yes, condition is everything. Photo's coming soon. I have never fired one so enlighten me on what to look for.

Both are Guide Lamp guns. One M3A1, and one is a M3 with the charging handle. Finish on both are worn. On the M3 that barrel is a different color. This post is a heads up so I can take more photos of what to look for.

The M3A1 has "papers" linking it to the USMC. (Transferred from the USMC to a private citizen around 1971). He wants 25K for it.

Don't know yet for the M3, but imagine that will be a little lower. Once I get the bookends on what it "should" be worth I plan to set up a meeting for the actual buyers and sellers. Anyone have a Ithica M3A1 for sale?

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

Hey Sandman

I bought a M3A1 Guide Lamp made in 1945 about 4 months ago.

Gun was all original- no dewat- amnesty registered.

I paid $18k - I fell like it's worth over $20 right now but I'm hanging on to it.

Semper Fi

$25K to me sounds way too high for an average nice gun. I'm thinking $20 ish, and be all original low milage.

I did see one MINT condition with the original shipping cardboard box for asking $27K, and the gun looked untouched.

I would have bought it if I didn't have a near perfect one already. I perfer the M3, but that's just a personal choice.

Most everyone who shoots the greaser falls in love.

Good luck.

Bill

I bought a Guide Lamp M3 about a year and a half ago. It was 16.5. The barrel collar has the two flats, so I am sure it's been replaced. But, it matches the rest of the gun with the black oxide type finish.

Thanks guys,

Will put all these references together for the buyers to chat with the seller. (I am not the seller, just happen to know a guy who has them and trying to get them back on the market)

Cheers