Address change, same state, same city

If still in the same state it is not required however in the past I have always kept the address current with NFA Branch. In your case you can write a letter or submit a 5320.20. Link below will help with the 5320.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5320-20.pdf

I moved about 2 miles from where I was living. Can I send a letter or do I need some other paper work/? I no this has been ask before, but I can't find it. Jim

I just went trough this, as a matter of fact the forms went out this morning.

Initially, I mailed out a cover letter with all my NFA serial numbers and a copy of my FFL-03.

In about 4 days I got the Branch's response letter. It stated that since 2013, the Branch does

not accept just a letter regarding change of address, I live about 10 miles from the Branch office.

They now want Forms 5320.20 in duplicate with only (3) guns identified per form.

So, In my case, it took (4) individual 5320.20 forms for my (12) guns,, and again in duplicate.

I guess they keep one form and mail you back a signed approved form. It would be nice if the

Leviathan was as frugal with our money on entitlements as they are with the NFA Branch.

Hope this helps,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

Has anyone tried using the NFA e-Forms? I have a buddy who uses them when he is doing Form 3s and Form 4s and he says filing them through e-Forms is quicker/more efficient but I hadn't thought to check if you can do the 5320.20 online. Supposedly all NFA related forms are available. Here is the website, you have to create an account in order to access the forms:

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/faces/userProfile/login.jspx?_afrLoop=3079970441042&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=12j4n5s1o_4

It would be nice if the NFA branch was able to join the 21st century and come up with a more streamlined process for filing paperwork!

Rader,

The 5320.20 have to be "approved" or acknowledged as in signed by the Branch at the bottom of the form.

It doesn't matter if it's an interstate or intrastate move, it's what they want.

Good Luck,

Darryl

Ah..the almighty e-form...recent problems have surfaced with them...oh no a problem with a gov. website. :happy:...and in order to file form 3s &4s you have to give Uncle access to your bank account...No Thanks!!

See block #2 on the 5320.20. It asks if the firearms will be returned to their original location, options are "Yes" or "No".

Darrylta, Form 5320.20 reads Application to Transsport or Temporarity Export. This is not what I am doing. I am moveing to a new house, I am going to live there for ever and ever little. {fun on the ever and ever}