1928AC question

On AO guns that had the "US" ground off and over stamped "C". Was that done before the receiver was "blued"?

Also would it be uncommon for an AO, AC gun to not have the "X"suffix added. I've read thru my Ultimate Thompson, and American Thunder II, books and it seems there was some inconsistency and lack of definitive info on this variation.

Would the AC guns be considered to have any more or less value than a "Military" gun?

From what I have witnessed on the AC variation, it appears most, maybe all, of the receivers were finished when the grinding and stamping took place. Don't take this as the gospel as others may have better information. I have seen this variation with and without the X suffix after the serial number. It seems like more have the X than not, but this is just my observation. Either way is correct.

Condition equal, I would think a military gun would have a little more value. However, there are many owners who believe this is a military gun. There is a lot more to learn about this variation.