Helmer's New Thompson Book

Waiting too.

David- Maybe we should all travel to Texas to get an autograph from old Bill. Hook up at some BBQ joint outside of San Antonio and pound Lone Star.

Have Gun Will Travel

• Upvote 1

Just showed up- I'll open the FedEx package tomorrow morning with coffee- Like a early Christmas present. Then wake up Helmer mid morning.

Nice book, good size to it, wasn't expecting that. Lot of work went into that back in the day.

The Gun That Made the 20s Roar

DSCN8192.JPG

Edited by OCM
  • Upvote 1

I have to say I'm happy with how it came out, based on my initial run through the book today. It took almost 12 years, from start to finish, to get the second edition from an idea that Bill and I discussed, to finally seeing it in print. There were several obstacles along the way, and I'm glad it all came together. Thank you, Bill, for your amazing efforts on this book that began before I was born, and for dedicating the new book to Tracie and me. Thank you to the folks at Chipotle Publishing for all the layout efforts and publishing (you know who you are), and thank you to Full Auto Investments for your involvement as the project came to a close. I also want to thank Tom Davis for his written contribution, and Chuck Schauer, and the late Gordon Herigstad for their input and encouragement along the way. Other members here on the board are also due thanks for their input into the new book in ways that may, or may not be evident.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com