Can this be real? Unfired?

huggytree

3rd FA purchase

Uzi and Ruger Kac-556 folder on the way.....3rd in 2 months

all 3 are NIB......rather pay a premium for NIB....i know i lose 10-15% the first time i shoot it

i doubt i shoot this M16....when i bought it i thought i would....but it may cost me thousands if i shoot it.....kinda torn on that issue

i see ruben has a normal A2 for $32,999 right now....not NIB, Not US Govt. markings...

i think i paid about right for a NIB A2 and got the govt. markings part for free...not sure what extra $$ those markings bring...i believe the gun is slightly different beyond those markings...still researching

You did good. I have 4 A2's and the NIB US govt. property marked cost me $40,000

Forgot to mention. When I buy the used A2's, I try to get the more rare SSA model. Just me but I think they will be worth more. You can add the SSB internals but the receiver is marked SSA

Edited by Normal1959

on Uzi talk a guy who typically likes to bring me down/attack me pointed out (2) GB auctions where 1 had a reserve of $35 NIB and most likely sold for less...and a used one that was $28k buy it now...from Nov 15.....

so im not so sure how well i did.....i think i paid a fair price as a minimum

is there any differences between a normal M16a2 and a M16a2 US Govt. Property?...anything physically different about the gun?

nice this w/ this gun is i bought it from a big dealer who knows what hes doing...my other 2 guns that are on the way were not and stressed me out for weeks....this time im layed back and relaxed about it....because its a brokered gun its going to come directly to my dealer from the owner and not even go to Frank...so i thought it would be a year and now its only 7-8 months before i see my new beauty

here's some interesting info i found on pricing for M16's----which is why i jumped in at $35k

But to answer your question, as of this writing, here are my opinions as to current RETAIL prices, with the low price being a "deal", and the high price being "wishful thinking from a real seller". This is not an exhaustive list of all options. The average is in the middle:

M16A1 complete gun: $21,000-$26,000.

M16A1 lower only: $20,000-$25,000.

M16A2 "burst" variant marked: $28,000-$33,000.

M16A2 "auto" variant marked: $30,000-$35,000.

M16A2 carbine: $30,000-$35,000.

M16A2 marked with "Property of US Government": $35,000-$45,000, with $39,000 average. Note: be very careful buying these "Property of US Government" guns. Many were actually Stemples that were put together and not actually genuine "Property of US Government" guns. Buy them from a reputable dealer AND have the dealer take apart the gun and have them look over ALL the gun for any markings that may indicate the maker of the gun. For example, on a Stemple "Property of US Government" gun, you can usually find Stemples' markings on the area that is covered by the pistol grip. You pay $40,000 for a gun thinking it is a genuine "Property of US Government" gun, then 30 years later, your heirs find that it is a reweld when a knowledgeable buyer inspects it. DOAH!

Edited by huggytree