Added a new pony to the stable, picked this jewel up for only $575, (internet picture) Colt Commander 45, 70 series. Used, but looks to have been never been shot in mint condition with box and papers. Will be interesting to see where the values go when/if Colt goes under?

post-258557-0-46499400-1451578087_thumb.jpg

nice gun..

sold my Gold cup SS for around $800 last year in about 97% condition....sold 1st week listed...i kinda miss my old fashion .45, but didnt like the sights on the Gold cup....probably would have been happier with a standard model

and now i see my Anaconda is worth 3.5x what i paid

anything Colt always seems to hold value....dont know why they are having problems when their brand is like gold....i know their AR's are expensive compared to Ruger and S&W....maybe they need to have a ''value'' model

Edited by huggytree

The 1911 is my favorite platform , almost the only handgun I shoot any more . My failing eyesight has caused me to sell most of my collectibles due to tiny sights and the $$$ they are worth now . Sold my 8 WW1 & 2 1911s and A1s , my Colt 1903 .32 , my Nambus , Lugers , Hi Powers , 1917s , Victories , Commandos , etc .

Kept my 6MM airsoft 1911 , my Colt Ace ( but put KenSight Trijicons on it ) , and my Colt 1991 ( but put a set of Trijicons HDs on it ) . I also then bought a new Colt 1991 ( and mounted a Sightmount rail in the rear sight dovetail with a Burris Fastfire III ) , bought a third Colt 1991 this weekend and have another Trijicon HD set comming for it , and rounded out the stable with a new Browning 1911 380 . I'm now looking at what sights I can put on it and looking for one of the new Baby Rock A380s to see if I want one of those , too .

While I kinda miss the "old gang " , I was not using them and these improved old friends and new " members " are bringing back my old speed and accuracy ( and fun ) of days past . Also my fellow collector friends are off my back about shooting old , all matching pieces .

All these " new fangled " models just do not excite me like the old slabsides do .

Chris

Try a FNX Tactical with a halo site.....amazing gun when compared to a 1911 .45

15 rounds, maybe 1/3+ less kick...quicker repeat shots.....and all setup for a silencer (waiting for it to come in)

its what i bought when i sold my Gold Cup....i do miss my 1911...i admit it.....something cool about a retro gun....i have a Walther P1 (new version of a P38) that i enjoy when i want to shoot something old

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/images_zps6pitdo5l.jpg

Nope , not for me . Big palms but short fingers turn me off towards double stacks . Just don't feel like I have control with one hand ( who can guarantee the other will be free / available to hold on ? ) . The 1991 I bought last Sat. had Pachmyer wood & rubber fingergroove grips on it , it was too big for me . Sold the grips Sun. and replaced them with Colt double diamond cocobolos . I can always drop in my Taylor 28 round drum if I feel I need to . :)

Chris

Fnx is not for small hands...my 11 year old can shoot it though...he's big for his age......he likes it because its like a video game...line up the red dot and fire...no real sighting required..........the way your hand sits on the gun(the angle and position) is what lessons much of the kick.......its really wild how a plastic gun can have less recoil....and its much, much less....very similar to a typical .40 cal in recoil......not a cheap gun, nor a small gun.....but for a .45 i think its cutting edge right now......still like to own a 1911 again at some point.....waiting to see what these CMP guns look like/price like

agreed on the slide release...look at the manual---they dont call it a slide release anymore......your supposed to pull back the slide to release it(its what i do)....i completely agree that that little release tab doesnt function for what it used to be for..

1911 cant compete when your comparing 7 or 8 rounds to 15 rounds in a similar size.....only reason to get a 1911 is its a 1911...and i get that....110 year old design....its lasted 110 years because its a proven/loved design.....but its still 110 years old......will my FNX be made in 110 years...no way......dont think any gun after the ar15/m16 will be a long lasting gun anymore.....

my only issue i have w/ the FNX is the mags dont feed smooth...wrong angle and you have to pull it out and re F with it.......dont quite get why a company like FN cant get that one right.....i know its not just mine.....ive seen the complaint from others

my Octane 45 is pushed back another 3 months...dealer ordered the wrong one (an osprey)....so i have to wait another 7 months until i get to own a suppressor

Edited by huggytree

your mags just fall into the gun? or do you need to get used to it and get the angle just right??? i see it as a design issue.....i dont see how the mag itself could be the issue....but i only have used 1 of the mags and left the other in the bag

i have heard of issues with the osprey...not specific, but that the octane is more friendly to maintenance and will last longer......also the can will go on my UZI and i dont like the square look on a SMG...i like a big fat can.....the full size Octane 45 is going to look a bit funny on a pistol ....i know the osprey is Silencerco's new offering....what about it do you like? how many rounds through it?

The issue I read and does effect two of mine are the followers. two of them are awkward to insert empty, but with a round in they all act fine with no issues. The other issue people have reported with the followers is that they drag when trying to remove them empty as well. Mine do not do that...yet, but watching for it just in case on the two possible. Not sure what issues you might have read other than the general complaint that it can be disassembled for easy cleaning. I agree I dont know how I feel about the look of the osprey on an SMG. I use mine for pistols mainly for the low profile for those that dont have raised sights. Still considered newish with only 200 rounds through it. I have a hip holster as well that has a hole at the bottom and the osprey fits it fine, Id have to do some tweaking to it to get a round can through the hole.

ive seen some posts on other forums about the mags jamming while trying to insert them....and mine does that...if i were to quickly jam a mag into it odds are almost 100% it would jam up...requiring me to remove and reinsert....the angle had to be just right it seems...i do not have this issue with any other modern hand gun..i think my Walther P0 ''may'' have an issue like this too, but its what you'd expect from an old, different design..

my glocks you can just jam the mag in and it goes no matter how hard you would want to jam them in or how fast.....my end of the world handgun would be my glock 35 .40, not my FNX .45.......

any pic of you with your holster w/ suppressor....i think it would be a hoot to see???

Hey Huggytree, nice Hellcat, perfect color! Is it yours?

cars are my original hobby...i own a 2013 GT500 convertible and a 2015 Hellcat.......i 1/4 mile race the Hellcat--good job identifying the car from the small pic--most dont know what it is

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/DSCN2537_zpss6sgsffd.jpg

Went through your photos, damn man, your sick and not stuck on one brand. Nice truck too. Love the GT500 as well. It will be interesting to see which key fob to the Hellcat you give your son when he stars driving, LOL! I'd literally give my left nut for that Hellcat, I don't need anymore kids, we've finally got all ours out of the house. The wife's okay with my gun addiction, but hates it when I spend money on my truck (too bad for her). Keep the Hellcat out of the ditches, it's going to go up in value like the Ford GT did, I believe.

i am not stuck with 1 brand name.....i buy my cars based upon performance.....when the 13 gt500 came out with 662 hp and 202mph i had to own one.....i picked a odd color combo (1 of 6 made) to make it extra special...flew to NH and drove it home to WI.......then Dodge came out with the HC...i sold my 2011 SRT Challenger and got a Hellcat........i only have room for 2 fun cars.....for my personal vehicles i always stick with GM......my work van and my wifes truck are both GM..i have the best luck over all w/ them and the price is right for what you get........i have had issues with both the GT500 and the Hellcat....but it is what it is..you dont buy a 0-60 in 3.6 second car for its problem free maintenance record....high performance cars break......i 1/4 mile race the Hellcat- i have Drag Radials and an aluminum drive shaft installed...my best is 11.2 @ 126mph......friends are in the 10's, so i have work to do this next Spring

the HC wont be a collector...too many being made...they will have 30,000 made by 2018

the GT500 on the other hand ''may'' be something special...only made the 5.8sc for 2 years and only 900 convertibles made a year...and mine is 1 of 6 in my color combo.......if they dont make another GT500 or if they switch to a twin turbo v6 like they are doing on the new Ford GT i can see mine going up in value.....i prefer they dont make a gt500 again...it makes my car the Boss 429 of the 2000's

only 1 thing left for my collecting-----i need a Thompson 1928........

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/DSCN2539_zps7hudtu5c.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/DSCN2494_zpshf4ukbvv.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/challanger1_zps2edfc4ae.jpg

Edited by huggytree