We never needed a screwdriver to begin with!

Some of you probably already know this, but a lot of us didn't. When removing the lower from the upper receiver all you need to do is press the frame latch button, slide till it stops, then rock the trigger and pull forward. The two come apart with ease with a little practice. I noticed this how they did it in an old training video posted here under the FA section.

I happened across the link from another link from here, it was a WWII training video of how the Thompson operated and the guy in the video was removing the upper from the lower and I noticed he just rocked the trigger moving the trigger group up and down when the frame latch got to that point to free it. I tried it and it works like a charm with a little practice.

I had no such luck with my '27A1 Kahr. I had to do the mod where I removed about ¼" of the mating rails on the rear of the receiver to make a tool-less takedown possible.

Per the AGI Armorer's video, depending on the tolerances of the particular gun, may or may not need be able to disassemble the 27A1 without the aid of a tool to push in the take down latch button at the mid point of dis-assembly.

My particular 27A1 is a really tight and requires that second tool assisted button push to dis-assemble. Not a big deal to me. MHO, YMMV, etc.

I put a 1928 lower (machined to the Doug Richardson specs) on my 1927A1. The upper and lower fit as good as any Colt Thompson I have ever had the pleasure to takedown. So I have to use the "screwdriver" method to get mine apart. It's also in SBR mode (no comp). Now has a Lyman rear sight, 1921 style cocking knob and 1921 style wood. From 5 feet away, it looks like the REAL DEAL!!! A real 1927 would be nice, but I'll have to start playing the lottery again and win before that ever happens.

Mario

That's weird, mines tight as a turtles ass with no end play, no side to side and a hair up and down, but I guess that's just enough for the trigger rocking to still work on mine. I got lucky I guess. I had already had the firing pin pilot and detent mod done to achieve the same thing then discovered this by accident.