Pivot plate preference?

With the two types of middle springs, 1) being in the middle, or 2) being in the lower part, what do you prefer and why? I fashioned a very hard piece of nylon from z piece of material like a cutting board to to move the springs. It makes a great mar free tool to flex the springs. But I was just wondering what pivot plate others like. My 28 Navy has it on the lower part and I like that because the tool I made can be thicker and works better. Just curious.

Edited by ppgcowboy

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=1928+Thompson+pivot+plate&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&fr2=piv-web&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&tab=organic&ri=15>

This a link to pivot plate photos. The top is an example of number one, if you scroll down you will see a 27a1 with an FBI case. The trigger housing to the right of that photo is an example of number two. I hope this link works until I can figure out how to upload photos.

Edited by ppgcowboy

ppgcowboy,

Adding Pictures Information below:

Make sure to use "Google Chrome" as your internet browser. I have found it works better than internet explore on this website. Click on the bottom right tab under the "Reply to this Topic" and select/click "More Reply Options". Then after you have hit more reply options, on the bottom under where you write your text you will see the "Add Picture" buttons and select/attach, etc. Ok?

Here is what I am talking about. Sorry for the poor Images, but I hope you can see the difference. Thanks for the tutorial Kocapuff1.

By the way,not part of my 28 Navy.

20160326_173120.jpg

20160326_173020.jpg

Edited by ppgcowboy