1928 Upper Demilled on eBay

It is my understanding the mill marks Paladin60l is wondering about was left by a long shank T-slot cutter that was used to finish the roof of the bolt channel, it seems they used a 1 1/2" X 1/4" cutter, the cutter as it cut toward the front of the bolt channel also under cut the lock ramps, it was also used to cut clearance at the front of the bolt channel for the actuator. just read this, never done it.

Interesting lower! Looks new in white or chrome?

I wonder how long he has had it and if he decided to part it out before he got caught with it unregistered!!!

Receiver looks like new, very little use, except for rust pits???

There was a huge trial in our area of a guy selling UZI parts kits with only one cut through the registered parts. Part of his problem was he welded some together and the other was the atf did not like how they were deactivated, how they were rewelded without a blocking bar to prevent full auto use plus a few other things. The BATF wanted to make an example of the guy.

http://www.guns.com/2016/04/02/montana-man-found-guilty-after-trial-in-uzi-parts-case/

• Upvote 1

The other week there was a complete uncut 1928 receiver on GB located with the origin location as Russia. They advertised it as "cut to order" just tell us where you want the cuts placed and we will saw cut it and ship it to you...from Russia...no problem. I think on the same GB page the guy with the welding jig still had his add up. Just pop your cut receiver on this jig and put her back in service. What could go wrong with any of that? No sir I was just welding these receivers back together to make a couple of bookends the add said fun for the whole family why am I going to jail?

It is my understanding the mill marks Paladin60l is wondering about was left by a long shank T-slot cutter that was used to finish the roof of the bolt channel, it seems they used a 1 1/2" X 1/4" cutter, the cutter as it cut toward the front of the bolt channel also under cut the lock ramps, it was also used to cut clearance at the front of the bolt channel for the actuator. just read this, never done it.

Thanks Bob, make sense, I like to reverse engineer, never machined a Thompson Receiver either.