I finally get my T1b50D only to find the removable butt stock is missing the spring to engage the stock. I sent the butt stock to Kahr for repair. Absolutely no issues and a fast turnaround on the fix. I get the butt stock back today and install on the gun. Works fine but was surprised to find so much movement in the butt stock when installed, is this normal with the t1b's? I appreciate any input from those who have some experience with these models.

I don't have that model. I have a 27A1 that I converted to accept a removable stock. I made the conversion plate to the military 1928 specs and it fits nice and tight with the original WWII Savage butt stock. Knowing Kahr... It's probably just bad tolerances.

The repro buttstock slides that Sarco or Numrich sell, do the same thing .

They are pretty sloppy on the grooves that fit the rails of the trigger frame.

Sometimes if you just gently squeeze the buttstock slide in a vice you can tighten up the slots for a better fit to gun .

What and where is so much movement? Between the buttstock and the slide? Or the slide and the lower?

My Kahr has USGI buttstock, slide, and lower, but each are from different sources. The fit between the slide and lower has an ever-so-minor amount of movement. Not much, but you can feel and hear it. It bugged the sh1t out of me at first, but after reading these posts:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8859&hl=%2Bbuttstock+%2Bslide&do=findComment&comment=75502

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18450&hl=%2Bstock+%2Bslide&do=findComment&comment=157270

and a few others, Im not alone so I decided not to sweat it any more.

Good luck. Timmy.

The stock moves front to back noticeably 1/32" or 1/16". Plus it wiggles side to side. Shot it for the first time today and the loose fit of the butt stock didn't seem to be an issue. the gun shot accurate at 25 yds, it started raining so I cut the shoot short. I plan to try and find an answer to make the butt stock more stable.

I installed a 1928 butt stock and original metal on mine. There is not much end to end play, but more side play than I liked. I have a drill press and drilled and tapped two holes for 4-40 set screws about 1 1/2” apart in the slotted part of the butt stock metal I screwed them in so that I had minimal side play and lock tighted them in. Worked great.