M2 Carbine Technical Help Needed

benulis55

Yesterday I took my M2 carbine out to the range and it has numerous problems. First, it is a John Norrel conversion kit and that fire FA even when the selecto is on Semi. Also, I need an extractor.

So, my question is if anyone can give me a link to any forums that deal with M2s or any online places where I can order parts from. Thanks for any help you may have.

Hi Benulis55, does the Norrel coversion kit use U.S. gi parts? or does he use his own designed conversion parts? As for the extractor, you can use a M1 extractor. Be sure to check the tension of the extractor spring and ensure the ejector plunger moves freely and has good tension too as these are a great source of trouble. What type of bolt do you have flat (M1) or the round type? (M2) As for parts, you might try the gun parts corporation: http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=258 as they carry a good selection of carbine parts (usually)

The Norrel Kit doesnt seem to be USGI parts, To tell you the truth, I wish I knew more about this kit than I do. I bought it in 1992 and havent shot it since 1995. I didnt expect it to work perfectly after sitting in the safe for 10 years. The bolt is round and I will check all the extractor parts. There is one thing that I do not understand. When I have the stock off, I manually move the bolt and when I do this the Semi auto works as it should and the full auto works as that should. But when theres ammo in it, semi auto fires full auto all the time. Thanks for the help so far I really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...