Need help with WI LE letter......

BRMCII

WI requires a LE "approval" letter for ANY MG transfer into the state regardless of transfer status, meaning FFL/SOT or non. LE letter can come from any LE around the state.

Any MG owners here residing in WI have experience with or know a LEO that will provide a letter?
I am trying to assist a buyer in WI with obtaining the WI LE letter requested by the ATF examiner for the INTERSTATE transfer INTO WI of the MG from the seller to the buyer's FFL/SOT.

WI MG owner's, please let me know what LEO you use, or, if you know of a LEO who will provide a letter. TIA

If the SOT doesn't already have a letter I'd suggest cancelling the transfer and starting from scratch with someone who knows the process and how to make it work. LE's don't randomly issue letters/permits to random people in random parts of the state. Why would they?

If the transferee is in Madison, they have a better chance of getting Putin's autograph than a "permit" from Madison LE.

WI is not particularly MG friendly and does have an arcane statute that at one time I attempted to undo, but there was no support, nor interest from the WI C3 community, so I managed to work around it personally, but it was not cheap. Repeated letters to the state AG and ATF were fruitless. Several "gun friendly" attorneys also were not helpful and discouraged the effort and turned away money. (when an attorney won't take money, that's when you know you have a problem!)

Many LE officers can't get permits/letters from their own police chiefs/ sheriffs.

99.98% of transfers in WI are suppressors which don't require this so most SOT's never run into the issue since it's machine gun specific.

Edited by johnsonlmg41

WI requires a LE "approval" letter for ANY MG transfer into the state regardless of transfer status, meaning FFL/SOT or non. LE letter can come from any LE around the state.

Any MG owners here residing in WI have experience with or know a LEO that will provide a letter?

I am trying to assist a buyer in WI with obtaining the WI LE letter requested by the ATF examiner for the INTERSTATE transfer INTO WI of the MG from the seller to the buyer's FFL/SOT.

WI MG owner's, please let me know what LEO you use, or, if you know of a LEO who will provide a letter. TIA

I sent a pm a few days ago you haven't read yet.

Joe